Why does my iPhone keep alerting me when I receive an sms, even after I silence it?

I

iMore Question

My iphone keeps alerting when receive sms

When I receive an sms, of course there's notification and alert. But I cannot immediately silence the alert sound. I press on lock button, its still ringing. Even I already read the sms, its still ringing. It only stops alerting after finish the sound duration. Please help if you have any ideas about this issue...
Im using iphone 5s with IOS 8.3

Bisu

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: My iphone keeps alerting when receive sms

yes that what im using right now. but i wonder how can this happen ? why i cannot just turn the sound off ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Settings... Notifications... Messages... Scroll down to options... Change the repeat alerts to a value you can live with...

Bisu

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

thanks kch... but you misunderstood me...its not how many times it repeat. like the alert has 40 seconds duration. I have to listen until the very end of the sound...i cannot stop it, even i press on lock button or I've already seen the message

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

thanks kch... but you misunderstood me...its not how many times it repeat. like the alert has 40 seconds duration. I have to listen until the very end of the sound...i cannot stop it, even i press on lock button or I've already seen the message

I assume it's a glitch of some sort. Having said that, either deal with it or as suggested, switch to a tone that has a much shorter & tolerable duration time. To each his or her own, but long tones were intended for call notifications whereas short ones for alerts.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

When I receive an sms, of course there's notification and alert. But I cannot immediately silence the alert sound. I press on lock button, its still ringing. Even I already read the sms, its still ringing. It only stops alerting after finish the sound duration. Please help if you have any ideas about this issue...
Im using iphone 5s with IOS 8.3

Just flip the silent switch on the left side of the phone above the volume controls. Once the notification sound (should have) ended, flip it back on. That's the only way I know of.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would have a 40-second ringtone for a text message (my phone ringtones are less than that), but whatever floats you boat - that seems to be the law of the land these days.

Bisu

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

To Just_Me_D : thanks. thats what im doing. I just wonder why I cannot shutdown the tone. Its used to be that way. I've used many idevices and never seen such an issue like this before, of course when we read the sms the sound will automatically shutdown...So now, for the inconvenience, I just use short tone with few seconds duration, so even if I cannot silence it, I only have to endure for short time.
To HankAZ : its just the example for clarify things dude...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

To Just_Me_D : thanks. thats what im doing. I just wonder why I cannot shutdown the tone. Its used to be that way. I've used many idevices and never seen such an issue like this before, of course when we read the sms the sound will automatically shutdown...So now, for the inconvenience, I just use short tone with few seconds duration, so even if I cannot silence it, I only have to endure for short time.
To HankAZ : its just the example for clarify things dude...

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73