My iPhone is stuck after 'Erase all content and settings'
I didn't like the jailbreak on my iPhone and decided to 'Erase all content and settings.' It rebooted and the white/grey bar filled up and then it rebooted again. Now it is just stuck, the bar is just grey, no action. I tried to use the power and home button to reset my phone. It goes off and then the apple logo appears and then the bar appears and the same thing happens all over again.
P.S. I have an iPhone 4s and it is running iOS 8.1.1
- 06-20-2015, 08:23 AM #2
- 06-20-2015, 08:37 AM #3
- 06-20-2015, 08:48 AM #4iMore Expert
- 800 Posts
Re: My iPhone is stuck after 'Erase all content and settings'
You should not erase all content and settings on a JB phone in the future, if you don't want the JB anymore, just factory restore it via iTunes.
Now that your phone is stuck after pressing the erase button, all you can do is to download the latest firmware or IPSW. Next you put your phone in DFU mode then connect it to your computer while iTunes is open. iTunes will recognize that the is a phone in recovery mode which is connected to the computer. Follow onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-20-2015, 02:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 06-20-2015, 09:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2015, 05:29 AM
- By Utkarsh Dubey in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2015, 12:55 AM