Can I get some advice on my first iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Need advice on my first iphone

Hello everyone. I need some advice on buying my first iphone.
A little background-
i'm from india (if that matters), currently eyeing at iphone 6(16gb - $720), and can easily get 5S and 5C(8gb) as well.

My usage isn't that intense- texting, music, time to time youtube, light games, and occasional calls. but my hands aren't that stable, and i drop my phone alot.

currently i'm on android, and a little doubtful about going for an iphone. My questions are-

1. Should i buy 6 rightaway? or wait for the next model to come ? is it going to be 6S or 7? Also, at that point, will the 6 become obsolete instantly?

2. Should i really buy 6 rightaway? or go for 5S or 5C? (no, i don't crave for 4" screen, i just think 5S looks prettier)

3. What problems i might face while switching from my 'Google' phone to 'Apple' phone? I am a heavy user of Google Drive.

4. JUST IN CASE if i drop my phone, will the screen shatter immediately? is it that fragile? - i see a lot of shattered iphones, that's why a little concerned.

Waiting for the answers. :)
Sorry for the grammatical mistakes, if there are any.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need advice on my first iphone

Thanks for your questions. I'll attempt to give my input on each one individually.

1) It depends on how bad you want a new phone. If you can't wait, I would suggest you hold off until the next iPhone is released.

2) If you don't need a bigger screen, the 5C would make a great phone.

3) Most of Google's services have iPhone apps so that should not be an issue. However, going from one OS to another can be disruptive--until you get acclimated.

4) Any phone that has a glass screen can shatter if dropped. That is why I would suggest AppleCare+.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods