External storage/Drobo 5D
I'm getting ready to purchase a retina iMac.
In preparation, I've been looking at external hard drives to store my DSLR photos & Final Cut Pro X files.
A photographer told me about the Drobo line. Wondering if anyone here has/had any experience with their products.
- 02-19-2015, 05:56 PM #2
Re: External storage/Drobo 5D
I have a 5N connected to my home network. It has proven to be reliable, and while it's not as fast as a direct-connect drive, it's fast enough for my purpose. It's connected to my network via cat5 direct to my router and my rMBP is connected via wifi (802.11n). I have it configured with double disk redundancy, so the five 2 TB drives net out to about 5.5 TB of storage space with double redundancy. I have had a drive go bad, and recovery is as easy as it could be. Just pop out the drive with the red alert light, and stick a new drive in its place. Within a couple of hours all of your data is rebuilt, and Bob's your uncle.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-08-2015, 02:45 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2015, 12:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 10:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2015, 08:36 PM