Help with syncing and app store
I got a couple of questions i hope they get answered.
1. Will a slow connection affect Icloud's backup or other applications backup?
2. If there is no internet connection and i make some changes into applications like calendars, when i connect, do i have to open the calendar app for it to sync, or it will even if i don't?
3. What will happen if i lose connection during syncing, will it be saved and become corrupt, or will it resync when i reconnect?
4. How important is the phone number in the app store?
Im using the US app store, i just put a random number, is that fine?
I can't switch to my country's app store now because i have credit in my account.
And a general question, i don't have a PC nor a offline backup, should I be worried?
Will anything go missing if i don't log into my account for a few months?
- 05-05-2015, 06:52 PM #2iMore Genius
- 3,636 Posts
Re: Help with syncing and app store
Let me attempt to answer your questions in order.
1) Yes, it will increase the time to perform backups.
2) No, it will update in the background.
3) No, the data should not get corrupted. It will finish when a connection is restored.
4) I'm not sure how important it is. The only time I've been asked about it is when I call Apple.
Bonus) If you are performing iCloud backups, you have nothing to worry about.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-06-2015, 08:13 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2015, 08:02 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2015, 02:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2015, 01:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2015, 01:12 PM