How do I set up Family Sharing when I don't have an Apple device?
I have my own apple ID and have created several alternate email addresses for my kids to use on their own devices. Between them, there is a 5C, iPad mini and iPad 4th gen. I do not have an Apple device myself. I have the mini and iphone signed into icloud and itunes and app store on my daughters email address (which is just an alternate email address on my own apple id) and my son's ipad signed in under his email (again, one of my alternates).
I want all purchases to be under my apple id, so should I just sign into the app store and itunes on every device under my own id then enable family sharing on each? I'm confused as to the difference between setting up family sharing and just signing into the store on every device under my id. Thanks in advance!
- 11-12-2014, 12:13 PM #2
- 5,267 Posts
Re: How do I set up Family Sharing when I don't have an Apple device?
With Family Sharing you can all have separate accounts, even with the AppStore and share purchases as long as they are all on the same CC. IF you are not using an Apple device and you want them to use the same CC for purchases you can set up iTunes/AppStore on their devices to use your master AppleID. They can then use there own AppleIDs for iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, etc.
That is how I have my family set up.
- By ob1cat in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-09-2014, 04:43 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2014, 11:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 10:39 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2014, 10:30 AM