App Store asks for verification

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I cannot download free apps because I keep getting a message informing me that PayPal isn't supported on my device(s) and that I need to verify payment method. I have been using PayPal for all my App Store purchases with no problems until today. What's going on?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated any billing information? For example, address, phone number or password changes. It could also be a security measure. Anyway, go ahead an verify the payment method. If you're suspicious, contact Apple.

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you updated any billing information? For example, address, phone number or password changes. It could also be a security measure. Anyway, go ahead an verify the payment method. If you're suspicious, contact Apple.

Thanks JustMe'D, I spent about 3 hours on the phone today with Apple. They stepped me through several things to try and resolve my issue. I am still getting the message on my iPad and iPhone saying that "PayPal is not supported on this device" but I can now download both free apps and ones that cost. There seems to have been a glitch with my phone number in iTunes on my desktop computer that was causing the initial problem. Although I discovered this without the help of Apple techs (I was on hold while they were researching some things) it appeared to fix the problem. However, the "PayPal is not supported on this device" message is still showing. The techs I spoke with were very helpful and now they are aware of an issue that needs more attention. I am hoping to hear back from Apple with news about a possible solution as to why the "PayPal is not supported on this device" message is still showing. The good news is I can now download apps again on my iPad Air and iPhone 6!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77