Strange issue while using Airpods in PC

Perene

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I asked this question elsewhere but no one replied or seem to know what is going on.

I bought a cheap 4.0 USB BT dongle, the CSR8510 A10. http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...-bluetooth-40-csr-edr-pc-controle-ps3-ps4-_JM

Then once plugged into my PC (Win 10, 64 bit), I tried playing (with MPC-HC or VLC) files with multiple tracks (audio or subtitles). The thing is, if I switch to track #2 , the audio is muted, and will only return to normal if I close and reopen the player.

Reopening will not solve this issue, since it will revert back to the default tracks (#1).

What will solve is this: create a shortcut and place into your desktop, with the URL: ms-settings:bluetooth

Then go there, disable and reenable Bluetooth. But only do this if the track #2 is already playing (muted, of course) in your PC. By doing this, once BT is reenabled and the Airpods are connected again, we will be able to listen to track #2 .

Of course I can't do this a million times, specially considering my files always have multiple tracks. Track #2 can be a dubbing or director's commentary. Then there's the subtitles in multiple languages...

Is there a way to fix this? It must be some hidden setting in Windows or these players. I don't believe it's anything else.

BTW, if we pair the Airpods to this dongle, they will not need repairing if we reenable Bluetooth. But if we are listening to the Airpods in another device (iPAD, iPhone) reenabling will redirect the signal for the PC, automatically. This is something I wish the Apple TV 4 was capable of doing, if we only could hit a button, instead of going to the ATV internal settings and hitting "connect" everytime...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Seems to me that the dongle you purchased needs a driver firmware upgrade.
AirPods are just another Bluetooth listening headphones. Did you pair another set of Bluetooth headphones or even a Bluetooth speaker to see if the same happens there, too?

And yes, it would be great if you could reconnect the AirPods faster to the Apple TV.

Perene

May 21, 2017
Visit site
You are right. Here's what I found out. I'll have to buy another one:

I discovered what was causing this issue, with the dongle CSR8510 A10: it was the fact that I was using Windows native drivers. When I switched to these drivers mentioned here:

Gleescape.com : Technology, Photography, Travel and More! – CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack Download

The problem was solved.

I tried a newer version from here:
https://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338736-csr8510a10-driver-here-available.html?

But it didnt't recognize anything properly, including the Airpods.

But I will not be able to stay with any of them. That is because the DS4 controller (last version) could not be detected. I see that these drivers are from 2011-12 and that explains why they can't detect devices to be paired most of the time. I use Windows 10, and since I used Windows native drivers, that explains why the mere switch of audio/subtitle tracks was enough to mute everything. Unfortunatelly there are no recent drivers, so I will have to find another USB dongle instead of this cheap one.

Perene

May 21, 2017
Visit site
And here's a workaround while using MPC-HC with a file that contains multiple tracks: create a shortcut and place in Windows desktop. Write that inside it:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,1

Then, open and close that shortcut while switching to another audio/subtitle track. The audio will be heard.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely frustrating but I'd try a new dongle for sure. Something isn't right! Let us know what dongle you get to work for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711