Now I won't lose my AirPods.

Australia 12

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
I just found a fantastic new gadget to prevent me from losing my Airpods and to stash them safely and instantly anywhere. I already have the Nearbuds for Earpods from this company and love them. Now they’ve just brought out Nearbuds for Airpods - Magnets attach to AirPods so I can store them on my lamp or gearshift and there's an adjustable strap so I can wear them around my neck.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, welcome to iMore!

Spigen makes a strap now if you want... but I got AirPods to get away from cords so haven't gotten them. Not sure the magnets would be worth it as I can just pop them back in the case. So far just doing that I've been able to keep them from getting lost. There's also a thread about how to attach a Tile tracker to the case, which has been handy!

Australia 12

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey Robert, thanks for the welcome.
Got your point about getting away from straps but the Nearbuds for AirPods strap doesn't dangle or get caught any where - it just lets you take your AirPods from your ears to stash them instantly around your neck. Much easier when I'm jogging or cycling to hang my AirPods around my neck than stop to put them back in the case. And I can snap them magnetically to the fridge to grab on my way out the door :) Or the gearshift in the car. Seems safer than fiddling with putting them back in the case :)
Also, the Nearbuds for AirPods strap is adjustable but the Spigen one isn't. And Spigen doesn't have the magnets with all the cool applications of Nearbuds.
I certainly don't want to lose my AirPods and this looks like a great way to prevent that.
I dunno—but I've used the Nearbuds for my Apple EarPods for over a year now and they're super cool, so I'm stoked about Nearbuds for AirPods. If anyone's interested, you can check them out at Nearbuds Magnetic Earbud Clips for Apple® EarPods™

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you found something that works for you. I just put mine back in the charging case after I'm done with them. Seems like the best way to not lose them.

I definitely don't want wires hanging from them. If I wanted wires I'd have bought the Beats X.

I'm glad there are accessories for those that feel that they need them. I'm good with the stock AirPods as they are though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. For me as soon as I remove them from my ears, I just put them back in the case. This works for me. Congrats and Good luck with your approach.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey Robert, thanks for the welcome.
Got your point about getting away from straps but the Nearbuds for AirPods strap doesn't dangle or get caught any where - it just lets you take your AirPods from your ears to stash them instantly around your neck. Much easier when I'm jogging or cycling to hang my AirPods around my neck than stop to put them back in the case. And I can snap them magnetically to the fridge to grab on my way out the door :) Or the gearshift in the car. Seems safer than fiddling with putting them back in the case :)
Also, the Nearbuds for AirPods strap is adjustable but the Spigen one isn't. And Spigen doesn't have the magnets with all the cool applications of Nearbuds.

How have you used them if they're still on Kickstarter?

Australia 12

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Communication muddle there, Robert :)
I said I've been using the Nearbuds for Apple EarPods for the last year.
Of course I haven't used the Nearbuds for AirPods, as they are not on the market yet. I've just watched the video, read the details of them and pre-ordered them.

It's the Nearbuds for EarPods that I said i've used for the last year.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Communication muddle there, Robert :)
I said I've been using the Nearbuds for Apple EarPods for the last year.
Of course I haven't used the Nearbuds for AirPods, as they are not on the market yet. I've just watched the video, read the details of them and pre-ordered them.

It's the Nearbuds for EarPods that I said i've used for the last year.

Oh, ok ... The paragraph you wrote about them in post #3 made it seemed like you had first hand experience with them (you mentioned AirPods several times before the EarPods). Much of what you've written is from the perspective of someone trying to sell a product not out yet. If this is your product (or if you're pushing them for a friend) then be honest about it :)

Australia 12

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Oh Robert, I'm a 75-year-old Granny just a bit excited to be learning about tech stuff and feeling quite "grown-up" to be posting on a forum about such things.
I'm so sorry if I've offended you or done something wrong, in some way. It certainly wasn't my intention.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh Robert, I'm a 75-year-old Granny just a bit excited to be learning about tech stuff and feeling quite "grown-up" to be posting on a forum about such things.
I'm so sorry if I've offended you or done something wrong, in some way. It certainly wasn't my intention.

No offense :) Thanks for posting about them!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner