AirPods cutting out during telephone calls

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, I've noticed a few times that my AirPods cut out during telephone calls, the audio just ends and control is transferred to my phone.

I have tried what I think is a reset of the AirPods, and this is still happening (not very often, but enough to be annoying).

Could also be an issue with my iPhone 7+ I guess.

Might just try a reset and also a network settings reset on my iPhone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Reset sounds like a good idea. I don't have AirPods so can't speak directly into it. Other here have them, though, so will be able to help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've not experienced anything like that as of yet. Try resetting the network settings just in case it's a Bluetooth connection issue. Also, do you have a protective skin or something covering the AirPods? Does it happen when you have both in your ears or when you only have one?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few "blips" in audio but it's really quick. Nothing like you've had though. Let us know how the reset works for you!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue as well. I got my AirPods on launch day and I think I had a bad pair. Took them to the Genius Bar and had them replaced. The new ones have been working flawlessly.

I would take them in and see if they can replace them for you. They did mine no questions asked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR