AirPods or BeatsX??????

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
AirPods are great for most uses. The time I don't use them and why.

1. The gym its too loud the background noise and I have them up way too loud making me a little hard of hearing after the gym.

2. At my desk I work I use audiotechnia ath-m50x. For the long haul they are more comfortable all day.

I will getting a set of Beats X for the gym.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, here is the latest update. I have had my AirPods for about 2 weeks now and have used them running for 10 of those days.

They stay in my ears with no issues.....I was a little worried about the sweat but so far so good.....I do however find myself wiping the sweat away in fear it will damage them. Sound is good and I love the fact that there are zero wires hanging on my neck. I use them to watch a movie on my iPad when I am running or sometimes just music....my one wish would be a way to skip tracks just by tapping or adjusting the volume by sliding your finger up or down. Maybe version 2.0? Apple watch comes in handy for that though.

Today is D-day....I either keep them or return them and try something else. I think I'm keeping them. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had my AirPods for about 2 weeks now and have used them running for 10 of those days. They stay in my ears with no issues. I do however find myself wiping the sweat away in fear it will damage them. I use them to watch a movie on my iPad when I am running or sometimes just music. Today is D-day....I either keep them or return them and try something else. I think I'm keeping them. :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying them :D I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to water / sweat on my smartphone. Even though it says its got a water resistance rating, i don't want to test that haha. So i just wipe away any water just in case. The only downside is that you need to charge them. But thats minor.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The only downside is that you need to charge them. But thats minor.

Yes, but I find those tiny little earbuds hold a ton of power. I've yet to experience a low battery issue. Even if I were to, they charge back up pretty quickly.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but I find those tiny little earbuds hold a ton of power. I've yet to experience a low battery issue. Even if I were to, they charge back up pretty quickly.

I used them last week on a work from home day with 2 conference calls and some podcast and got to 10% and heard the chirp in my ear they needed it. But it was easy to fix.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I will always recommend the BeatsX over the AirPods if a question of only those two. For the same cost the BeatsX give you better options for fit, longer battery battery life, in-line controls, better sound quality, and the same W1 chip. The AirPods give you no cables, worse sound quality, and essentially no controls.

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Well I have the Bose Sound Sport Bluetooth Headphones which are similar to the Beats X. Very practical when running or working out since it has a cord going to both earphones. When you are resting and take them out, you can just sling them around your neck, whereas the Air Pods seem more of a hassle when trying to put them somewhere.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I will always recommend the BeatsX over the AirPods if a question of only those two. For the same cost the BeatsX give you better options for fit, longer battery battery life, in-line controls, better sound quality, and the same W1 chip. The AirPods give you no cables, worse sound quality, and essentially no controls.

Well I have the Bose Sound Sport Bluetooth Headphones which are similar to the Beats X. Very practical when running or working out since it has a cord going to both earphones. When you are resting and take them out, you can just sling them around your neck, whereas the Air Pods seem more of a hassle when trying to put them somewhere.

It's good to have options. What some people see as a feature, others see as a negative or a hassle. It really comes down to what you personally prefer. I could make an argument for why any of these are better than the others.

I still have my Beats and have gone back to using them in the gym for the noise canceling and controls. I use the AirPods for everything else though and about the only improvement I'd like to see is controls on the AirPod themselves for volume.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would not recommend any in ear headphones for running. Most if not all will seal the ear canal and block out road noise.

I use my AirPods while running and doing all of my exercise and have not had a single issue with them. If they feel loose in your ears you can try to use cheap foam covers. That helps them stay in place even better.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

It's important to consider or qualify the use. I think both are tremendous products. AirPods are the no doubt better mouse trap if telephony, speech and collaboration are important.

Having tried both and still owning a cabled type Bluetooth set (Jaybird), I find nothing beats the AirPod design if you're doing conf calls, collaboration, tech support, training and business projects. Even with both in I hear surroundings. One in is great for some work scenarios.

For sports I confess the sealed type can have superior sound but I can also be bothered by the sound of the cable/cord.

Having tried both my sincere opinion is the best is delay gratification and try both types but for work and some scenarios I've really appreciated the no cords aspect. I didn't like extensive telephony with the sealed and corded type.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife has a set of AirPods and she likes them. I tried them but don't like the way they feel in my ear, and I can still clearly hear ambient noises. I'm still using an LG HBS900 or I'd have the BeatsX.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner