Get AirPods in various colors

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Colorware has come out with Airpods in a variety of colors, and your choice of Matte or Gloss finishes, though not for cheap and it appears you won't get them any faster. You can chose a color for each AirPod, and another for the case (though they charge extra for the case).

While they look pretty nice, at about double the normal price it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It's not worth it, in my opinion, but for those who find it to be something worth pursuing, go for it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If they can get people to pay that price, good for them. Seems insane to me, but maybe someone else sees the value in it. I'm good with my white AirPods.

apskins

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I'd be worried about durability. AirPods are so glossy, it seems like it would be hard to have the paint adhere to them for sustained use. And, are there any warranty voiding issues for the AirPods themselves?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Colorware does great work and stands behind their modifications, the bigger issue is they don't have them in stock anymore so you would need to send them your AirPods and be without while they did there work.

Another issue... if something happens and your AirPods stop working correctly you can't take them back to Apple so in theory you are out the original cost of the AirPods, the cost of the mod and the cost of a new replacement pair of AirPods ??????

I would go the route of a skin if you want a new color ??????

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a phone painted by Colorware years ago and it was beautiful. I wouldn't spend the money to it to AirPods though. It's likely I'll lose one and if Colorware does sell individual replacements (I'm not sure they even do) it could get costly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro