My initial impression after 2 days of solid use

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am going to get one thing out of the way first. I am not an "Apple fanboy". You can see from my posts on every other Mobile Nations site that I get around the phone market quite a bit. Now about these AirPods....

I am someone who cringes every time I hear Apple refer to a product as "magical". My family loves their iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and Apple TV and while I am always impressed with how well everything works, I never think it's "magical". I certainly didn't expect it from the AirPods, but I can't help but to think it every time I use them. From the time I opened the case and they sync with my phone that first time I was blown away. I pulled them out of the case and set them in my ears and they rested perfectly. I wore them for conference calls, workouts and while laying in bed watching Netflix or listening to a podcast. They never once fell out or felt uncomfortable. Every time I put them back in the case to charge, I think it's the coolest, most "forward thinking" product Apple has put out in a while. Oh and the fact that I thought they looked ridiculous? That thought is long gone. They are designed the way they are for a reason. It just works.

Question is, should you buy them? I can't tell you if you should buy them. I do think that everyone that is interested in true wireless earbuds should check them out. They won't fit in everyone's ears perfectly. The Apple Earbuds fall out of my ears all the time. I can't use them unless I am just sitting around or taking a casual walk. Not an issue at all with the AirPods. I am not super picky about sound quality for something this. I am looking for form and function and the AirPods deliver. I do think the sound is quite good for what it is.

Are they worth the $159 price tag? There are other choices out there in this price range so I would do some comparing. The new Beats X look great and are a little less expensive. I have a pair of PowerBeats 2 and considered the 3's, but thought I would try something different. I am glad I did. The AirPods are worth the price tag as much as any other wireless headphones at this price point. They are all pricey to me, but what sets these apart is the fact that they are truly wireless, they work so well with all your Apple products and they are the most comfortable earbuds I have ever used.

I can say that I came full circle on these AirPods. I went from being not remotely interested to them being one of my favorite Apple products. I am looking forward to where they go from here with this tech.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this review and as someone using them since day 1 I have to wholeheartedly agree with everything you said.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Something that I find that's often overlooked about the Apple AirPods is how fast they charge. The case as well as the AirPods charge extremely fast.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I don't normally do reviews like that, but I really am impressed with these.

Your impression was clearly evident in your review, my friend........and of course, many of us are in agreement with it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry they don't work for you. Is it the fit?

Yeah the fit is bad, they don't stay in. Plus I have dreadlocks & wearing my hair down knocks them out constantly. My boyfriend bought them and loves them so I've been trying to use them but they aren't for me. I'll stick to my Powerbeats when I feel like wearing buds.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the fit is bad, they don't stay in. Plus I have dreadlocks & wearing my hair down knocks them out constantly. My boyfriend bought them and loves them so I've been trying to use them but they aren't for me. I'll stick to my Powerbeats when I feel like wearing buds.

Yeah the fit definitely won't be for everyone. That's the downside of this style buds. The PowerBeats are great though. I like my PB 2's a lot.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the fit definitely won't be for everyone. That's the downside of this style buds. The PowerBeats are great though. I like my PB 2's a lot.

Its unfortunate but oh well. I love my PowerBeats...they're my go to when I want to use earbuds. I like Bose buds too. I'm hoping someone will make some wireless buds to compete with AirPods....Bose would be awesome

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have a suggestion, cut the Dreads...LOL (only kidding).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Its unfortunate but oh well. I love my PowerBeats...they're my go to when I want to use earbuds. I like Bose buds too. I'm hoping someone will make some wireless buds to compete with AirPods....Bose would be awesome

This reminds me...where are my BOSE Soundsport Pulse earbuds? I haven't pick them up since I got my AirPods. Thanks for reminding me to get them ready for sale. There like brand new.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a suggestion, cut the Dreads...LOL (only kidding).

They're already shaved on the sides but I guess they're still too heavy for AirPods🤷🏾*♀️

This reminds me...where are my BOSE Soundsport Pulse earbuds? I haven't pick them up since I got my AirPods. Thanks for reminding me to get them ready for sale. There like brand new.

That's a shame lol. I'm not one to consolidate, I have different needs for all my headphones I could never own just one pair lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They're already shaved on the sides but I guess they're still too heavy for AirPods🤷🏾*♀️

That's a shame lol. I'm not one to consolidate, I have different needs for all my headphones I could never own just one pair lol

I wonder why your photo comes up in the Tapatalk thread preview but not in the actual thread?...interesting.
87698d120aaeb676b7c20c45d4b8fd0c.jpg

Any way...looking GOOOOOOOD!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner