I've switch the configuration to do the start/stop on double-tap because it felt that like would be more useful.

It seemed natural that I should be able to say "hey siri" to access siri commands, like calling people or changing volume. It didn't work so I assume that's not a feature they implemented.

Anyone think that should be possible? A good thing to have?
    ruger141 likes this.
    02-10-2017 04:13 PM
    I think they should have as well. Maybe there is a reason I'm not thinking of though. I left the double tap for Siri and I'll just take one AirPod out if I need to pause music.
    02-10-2017 04:31 PM
    Hey Siri does work when you have your AirPods in, but you have to make sure the iPhone microphone is able to hear your voice. The microphones on the AirPods are idle, unless you're in a call or using an app that that records your voice.
    02-10-2017 07:12 PM
    Hey Siri does work when you have your AirPods in, but you have to make sure the iPhone microphone is able to hear your voice. The microphones on the AirPods are idle, unless you're in a call or using an app that that records your voice.
    This. I was having the same issues with mine as well. You had to tap them to access Siri with that setting too, so it makes sense you'd have to do the same when you have Play/Pause enabled. I wish the AirPods would work for this like the phone does, particularly since there's a setting for "Automatic" on the Microphone setting for the AirPods.
    03-27-2017 05:00 AM
    You would not want the microphones on all the time. That would reduce the battery life significantly.
    Tartarus likes this.
    03-27-2017 08:57 AM