Music doesn't stop playing when I put AirPods in charging case

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I'm listening to music and remove AirPods and put them in the charging case, music starts playing on my iPhone. Is there a way to get music to stop playing altogether? If I remove AirPods I don't want music to blast out of my iPhone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can set your AirPods to stop playback when you take them out of your ears. If you put them in the case after that music should stay stopped.

Twenty7delta

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I find it's the way I hold them putting them back in. If I cover the sensors they think they're back in my ears. I use that to start the podcast back up as I put one away

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I tried to replicate my issue for my friend and apparently it only happens when I'm listening to Pandora and my iPhone is locked. If my iPhone is unlocked and I put my AirPods in the charger the music stops. This issue doesn't happen with the Music app. I really only use Pandora or Music app so I can't say about other music apps.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can set your AirPods to stop playback when you take them out of your ears. If you put them in the case after that music should stay stopped.

I have it set to pause when I remove AirPods. Music stops playing when I take them out of my ears but when I put them in charging case music resumes playing through iPhone speakers.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have it set to pause when I remove AirPods. Music stops playing when I take them out of my ears but when I put them in charging case music resumes playing through iPhone speakers.

Seems to me like Pandora needs to be updated to be fully compatible with the AirPods.
In your other post you stated it only happens with Pandora and not with the stock Music app.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing is that this happens as well but for my car. I am listening to Pandora in my office. Then I hit the stop and put the phone in my pant pocket. Once I get into my vehicle and the Bluetooth syncs, Pandora starts playing. Yes it's locked. So one thing I started doing is closing out Pandora by swiping the app away. This has helped my issue.

Like Tartarus said, its Pandora and they need an update or something.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is that this happens as well but for my car. I am listening to Pandora in my office. Then I hit the stop and put the phone in my pant pocket. Once I get into my vehicle and the Bluetooth syncs, Pandora starts playing. Yes it's locked. So one thing I started doing is closing out Pandora by swiping the app away. This has helped my issue.

Like Tartarus said, its Pandora and they need an update or something.

Yeah, seems like the easiest fix for now is to close out pandora before removing AirPods

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I still can't believe pandora is a thing really. With Spotify and other great services I don't see how they are a thing still. Just my opinion.

To confirm it doesn't do that with other services for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pandora will update their app. Just be patient. They won't want to fall behind the music bandwagon ??????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner