I found this test rather impressive, What's Inside on YouTube dropped AirPods from a drone to see if they could break them open. They drop the AirPods from 161 feet in the air onto a dirt/gravel road without causing any damage. They drop it three times, including from higher (they don't say how high) and they don't break.

They also do a similar test on an iPhone 7, and at the end of the video they actually break open the AirPods to show what is inside.

02-06-2017 10:05 AM
    Although those who have purchased the targeted item(s) have every right to use them as they see fit, I've always found drop tests to be somewhat disrespectful and inconsiderate, especially when those items are difficult to come by.
    imwjl and cwbcpa like this.
    02-06-2017 10:23 AM
    Not sure I'm concerned about extreme drop tests on Air pods. The highest these things will be is in my ear as I stand up. Must be nice to spend that kind of money on products just to destroy them. Though I guess YouTube revenue on these types of videos is fairly decent.
    cwbcpa and JokiingSutra like this.
    02-06-2017 10:31 AM
    Although those who have purchased the targeted item(s) have every right to use them as they see fit, I've always found drop tests to be somewhat disrespectful and inconsiderate, especially when those items are difficult to come by.
    Yes, I do like take apart and illustrations of an item's innards but just wrecking stuff and wasteful behavior rubs me the wrong way.
    Just_Me_D, cwbcpa and JokiingSutra like this.
    03-14-2017 06:50 AM
    I always wonder why they do drop tests like this from so high. I mean how far would a normal person drop an AirPod.
    JokiingSutra, cwbcpa and Just_Me_D like this.
    03-14-2017 06:26 PM
    Great video thanks
    03-16-2017 01:20 AM
    Terminal velocity on something as light as an Airpod is probably reached at less than 20 feet. But, then again, excess is always good in today's world.
    03-16-2017 07:34 AM
    I always wonder why they do drop tests like this from so high. I mean how far would a normal person drop an AirPod.
    So far a few times from the right ear of a 5'10" guy. My observations from that:

1. Be careful when shoveling snow and running in snow with AirPods.
    2. Tiny scratches from pavement didn't wreck it. Maybe less smooth will help it stay in he he he....
    03-17-2017 09:16 AM
    I dropped one of mine on my driveway from chest height while trying to put it in the case while holding my dog's leash. Based on this video I didn't have anything to worry about!
    03-22-2017 07:24 PM
    These drop tests always make me laugh... Just in case I am sitting on my roof listening to music I know my AirPods will be ok if they fall out of my ears
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-23-2017 12:33 PM