Wrap/Skin for AirPods

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
So I ordered two different styles of skins/wraps for my airpods. One from a lesser known company called grafixpressions and another from slickwraps. The one from grafixpressions came first so naturally I installed them first. When I get the slickwraps I'll come back and update the thread with those on the airpods.

https://grfxp.myshopify.com/products/apple-airpod-stalk-overlays
Here are my impressions of the grafixpressions skins:

I paid $11 total which included $5 shipping to my house. Their customer service was good, and they replied very quickly when I had a question. Shipping doesn't automatically populate because they give you an option to pick up and I hadn't realized that. So I didnt pay for shipping and they sent me a seperate invoice for the shipping as soon as I emailed them, and shipped them out the next day.

Honestly, for $6 you get what you pay for. There were no instructions to install them, on their website or included with the actual skins,:raised-eyebrow: which was disappointing and frustrating because I had to basically figure it out. The skins for the actual airpods come with curves so it wasn't as straight forward as it seems because I wasn't sure exactly where to initially lay the skin down and start from.

It took me about five minutes to put on, and I was able to remove and reapply/realign a few times with no issues.

I do not really like how the skin looks for the case, I also misaligned it so it's a little crooked. But the skins on the airpods don't look too bad. Here are pics:

IMG_1053.JPGIMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, cool! I agree with you though, the skins on the AirPods look great... on the case, not so much. At least it'll be easy to remove :)

Let me know how they hold up. And thanks for sharing!!

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
This is making me second guess having ordered these from GRFXP. With all due respect, that looks like black electrical tape on stems.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
This is making me second guess having ordered these from GRFXP. With all due respect, that looks like black electrical tape on stems.

I totally understand. Look at the bright side through. At least you didn't spend that much on them. I'm waiting on the Slickwraps, I'll be taking these off and replacing it with those. I also ordered black from there too. I can see the electrical tape comparison lol. No offense taken.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I totally understand. Look at the bright side through. At least you didn't spend that much on them. I'm waiting on the Slickwraps, I'll be taking these off and replacing it with those. I also ordered black from there too. I can see the electrical tape comparison lol. No offense taken.

Please post the SW version when you get them? Yeah, glad I'm not out much. And yes, I'm appreciative you didn't perceive my opinion as a personal attack.

Balajeek

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
After seeing this post i was eager to get one and I ordered one from SlickWrap on Jan 21st and still waiting to receive, as of now my order shows 'processing' not shipped yet after 6 business days. Not sure if they really have this to ship.

How about you? I am curious to know if you did you get your order yet?

Balajeek

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
okay, here is the update if anyone interested

I received my order it came with two sets of matt black, the sticker itself is stiff and not very soft/flexible enough so it can bend/curve to stick with it, it was difficult to put it on but i did it anyway and I don't think it looks anywhere like they render on their website ( I tried to find an install video but there is none for airpods yet)

I will have to see if anyone else come up with stickers so i could try them.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
okay, here is the update if anyone interested

I received my order it came with two sets of matt black, the sticker itself is stiff and not very soft/flexible enough so it can bend/curve to stick with it, it was difficult to put it on but i did it anyway and I don't think it looks anywhere like they render on their website ( I tried to find an install video but there is none for airpods yet)

I will have to see if anyone else come up with stickers so i could try them.

I made an install video. I had to use a hairdryer to get it to stretch and fit around the curves. My two issues are that there is still some white exposed even when in ear when someone is looking at you front on and that the seams on the stems of the AirPods not lining up perfectly. The seams not lining up perfectly is a minor issue because it's not visible when in ear.

Overall I'd say there 95% there and the best solution currently on the market if you want black AirPods.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't received my order. I'm actually annoyed st how long it's been. And I'm ready to cancel! I emailed them once already and they said that they are back up with holiday orders and trying to process as quickly as possible.