Do AirPods make you look stupid?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to see another person in the areas I frequent with a pair of AirPods. I get a lot of stares when I where mine (I typically wear only one), and sometimes people will inquire about them, but I went through the same thing when the Watch was released. As time passes, I'm sure I'll see more people wearing one or both AirPods.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any but I'll say they don't make one look anymore stupid than that Bluetooth earpiece some people still wear.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Who cares?

I'd rather "look stupid" with the best performing and fitting Bluetooth earbuds I've ever owned than fight with the 'acceptable looking' ones that cut out and won't stay in my ears.

I buy based on performance. Screw what anyone else thinks.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's only been a day but I don't care about the look after a round of work calls, errands, calisthenics and a run. They work well and stayed in my ears. They're wireless alternatives between over ear and the type that plugs and doesn't let me be enough aware of my surroundings.

dsalice

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Who really cares how you look using them? The world is filled with negative people who are simply jealous. I love mine and run in the midst of hundreds of people daily.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is all of a sudden when I see some one with wired earbuds or headphones, it looks kinda strange/funny. I'm not saying it looks stupid, but in this Era of better Bluetooth sound and capabilities it's just a little puzzling that wires are still being used.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is all of a sudden when I see some one with wired earbuds or headphones, it looks kinda strange/funny. I'm not saying it looks stupid, but in this Era of better Bluetooth sound and capabilities it's just a little puzzling that wires are still being used.

Why puzzling? $149 is more than many can pay. Especially if they have wired ones that work just fine.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I have the same sentiments too.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't necessarily think it's strange but I do think about what a pain it was to worry about that wire hanging down. It would always catch on something and yank the earbuds out. Even my Powerbeats seem like a hassle now. I really appreciate the convenience of the AirPods. I carry them with me all the time. I would never have done that before.

anon(193652)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they looks stupid. I do hate that you can't see them when wearing a beanie. Now people come up and ask me for money when I'm waiting for the bus because they can't see my headphones.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You look just like someone with corded headphones minus the cord. So if you look stupid wearing corded headphones then you look stupid wearing AirPods. However I don't look stupid ever :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't necessarily think it's strange but I do think about what a pain it was to worry about that wire hanging down. It would always catch on something and yank the earbuds out. Even my Powerbeats seem like a hassle now. I really appreciate the convenience of the AirPods. I carry them with me all the time. I would never have done that before.

Ha, funny you say that. Over the weekend I was listening to a radio show. I was using my PowerBeats because the bass response is greater and the music that I was listening to was meant sounded better with those headphones. But the more moving I did I started to feel restricted. I quickly switched over to my AirPods and my anxiety settled LOL.

That being said, I seem to feel more restricted and confined when using my PowerBeats3 than when I use my BeatsX headphones. So it could just be those headphones. But the wire-free nature of the AirPods really is amazing. They are honestly the worst sounded headphones of the ones I currently own...but the convenience of no wires makes up for it in more situations than not.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No its not. There's a big difference between wires and no wires.

I'd agree. There definitely is. I'd imagine anyone who could afford the spend the money others do on their gadgets would jump to go wire-free. I'd assume the point being made is there isn't anything "wrong" or "weird-looking" about those with wires just as there is nothing wrong with us and our lack of wires. It's simply what works best for the individual and their pockets, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro