Why puzzling? $149 is more than many can pay. Especially if they have wired ones that work just fine.
    $159. But your point is still valid
    03-21-2017 07:54 AM
    $159. But your point is still valid
    No its not. There's a big difference between wires and no wires.
    03-21-2017 09:16 AM
    I don't necessarily think it's strange but I do think about what a pain it was to worry about that wire hanging down. It would always catch on something and yank the earbuds out. Even my Powerbeats seem like a hassle now. I really appreciate the convenience of the AirPods. I carry them with me all the time. I would never have done that before.
    Ha, funny you say that. Over the weekend I was listening to a radio show. I was using my PowerBeats because the bass response is greater and the music that I was listening to was meant sounded better with those headphones. But the more moving I did I started to feel restricted. I quickly switched over to my AirPods and my anxiety settled LOL.

That being said, I seem to feel more restricted and confined when using my PowerBeats3 than when I use my BeatsX headphones. So it could just be those headphones. But the wire-free nature of the AirPods really is amazing. They are honestly the worst sounded headphones of the ones I currently own...but the convenience of no wires makes up for it in more situations than not.
    03-21-2017 03:25 PM
    I'd agree. There definitely is. I'd imagine anyone who could afford the spend the money others do on their gadgets would jump to go wire-free. I'd assume the point being made is there isn't anything "wrong" or "weird-looking" about those with wires just as there is nothing wrong with us and our lack of wires. It's simply what works best for the individual and their pockets, lol.
    03-21-2017 03:30 PM
    Big time. But I had the $159 to spend.

For me it's worth it, those *$)%( wires aren't getting caught on stuff or tangled!
    cwbcpa and Spencerdl like this.
    03-21-2017 05:36 PM
    I still don't care what people think but had a funny experience this week.

I'm an IT director for a firm with retail stores. I was doing work in a different city where evidently not many have seen these things. A few times I realized the strange looks were those white things and reactions to not realizing who I was talking to or at one point one AirPod in an ear with vendor support while conferencing on a phone or computer at same time.

I'm still really firm on just buy these and don't care what people think. My right ear's had one drop out a few times but that's not a problem that detracts from the overall greatness.

With time I'm sure the reactions I've had will go away.
    Spencerdl and cwbcpa like this.
    03-26-2017 07:30 AM
    As good as these air pods feel and work, no I do not think they are silly
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-04-2017 02:20 PM
82 ... 234