Does people look stupid talking to Siri....does people look......this is all on you men! For me is useful so is ok. Don't worry about other people thoughts. There is always one who thinks bad on you wathever you do.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-12-2017 04:42 PM
    As moderator it's your obligation to have them
    Obviously, I didn't get that memo...(laughing)...James, what's up with that?....
    On a serious note: the stems being shorter would lead to shorter battery usage, which we don't want, obviously.
    Good point, but aesthetically, a shorter stem would be more appealing to "me". Know what I mean?
    Tartarus and cwbcpa like this.
    01-12-2017 05:15 PM
    I tried the AirPods and I just looked weird.
    Don't go blaming stuff for that. No any tech can help you
    The headphones just stuck out, and they don't blend in.
    You're obviously in awe of the Samsung in ear thingies with built in storage. I'd say try the AirPods out for a few more minutes and if you're not sold by the quality than buy anything else you like.

But speaking on a personal note, other people's opinion won't ever stop me from buying anything Apple.
    robertk328 likes this.
    01-12-2017 05:25 PM
    Honstly, just wear a beanie or hoodie
    01-12-2017 06:41 PM
    I would like to see them in black as that would stand out less (I have dark hair). But I also think people will get used to them and it will seem to be just a normal pair of earphones eventually.
    01-12-2017 08:56 PM
    If your reason for not buying them is that you think they make you look stupid then perhaps you have the issue because you think strangers are judging you and you're actually bothered by this. For about the first 10 minutes of wearing them I did feel a bit strange with them, then I had a word with myself that I was being crazy and paranoid and haven't given it a thought since. If you want to miss out on the newest tech because you worry about the opinions of strangers then it's your loss; I'll go with the new stuff.
    01-13-2017 01:41 AM
    Don't go blaming stuff for that. No any tech can help you

You're obviously in awe of the Samsung in ear thingies with built in storage. I'd say try the AirPods out for a few more minutes and if you're not sold by the quality than buy anything else you like.

But speaking on a personal note, other people's opinion won't ever stop me from buying anything Apple.
    Those Gear Icon X wireless headphones are some trash. I want something with decent drivers, and a good battery life as well. You don't get that with the Airpods, nor the Gear Icon X. The PowerBeats have decent drivers, but you can easily find better sounding ones for around a 1/4 of the price.
    01-13-2017 01:45 AM
    If your reason for not buying them is that you think they make you look stupid then perhaps you have the issue because you think strangers are judging you and you're actually bothered by this. For about the first 10 minutes of wearing them I did feel a bit strange with them, then I had a word with myself that I was being crazy and paranoid and haven't given it a thought since. If you want to miss out on the newest tech because you worry about the opinions of strangers then it's your loss; I'll go with the new stuff.
    I don't care what other people think. The design and the color choice are really weird for me. I prefer the design of the PowerBeats since they actually stay in place.
    01-13-2017 01:48 AM
    I don't think they look as bad as some say. They look like 'normal' wireless earphones to me. There are some earphone that wrap around your whole ear and that doesn't seem to bother anyone. HOWEVER, if you are using a iPad Pro 12.9" and answer a call with it, YES that looks historically funny and stupid lol.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-13-2017 01:50 AM
    Yes, having small plastic tampons hanging below your ears makes you look stupid.
    01-13-2017 02:28 AM
    You don't get that with the Airpods
    Let's just agree to disagree.
    Everybody I talked with and on various threads on forums I've heard nothing but good stuff about the AirPods.
    Just try them out before dismissing them.
    01-13-2017 06:23 AM
    They look pretty stupid. My options anyway.
    01-13-2017 08:20 AM
    I've avoided wearing other bluetooth headsets in public (my view is that if you would look odd wearing your slippers, you shouldn't be wearing a single ear bluetooth earpiece).

So instead I used both Plantronics Backbeats or my Bose SoundLink Bluetooth On-Ear (I find the over ear Q25/35's to be too hot on my head for walking around/commute).

Now I have my AirPods, I never take anything else with me for my day to day. Yes people look at you a bit funny from time to time (I make a habit of trying not to make phone calls with the AirPods in public still), but I've also had three people ask me what they are (two women and a man) and how they can purchase. I've also quite a few people then open a web browser on their phone and head over to the apple web site to look them up.

They might look odd to some, but I guess I'm just old enough these days not to care

PS - Not sure why we would compare AirPods to the Powerbeats3, they are totally different.
    01-14-2017 05:34 PM
    Yeah they look a little weird. But do I care what people think? No.
    Just_Me_D, cwbcpa and Spencerdl like this.
    01-14-2017 05:42 PM
    Id have to order one of the bands for them like the one that Spigen has. One because it wouldnt be nearly as likely to lose them if they fall out of your ears or something. Two, because it would keep them from looking so ludicrous.
    That's what I don't understand. Why not get the Beats X or the PowerBeats 3 which offer than and a longer battery life instead, with the decreased chance of the headphones being lost? With that band, the AirPods become like every wireless headphone product on the market.
    01-15-2017 12:55 PM
    Nothing makes me look stupid. It's cutting edge technology. That makes me look unique
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-15-2017 02:08 PM
    I think it's an eye catcher rather than a humongous, ugly piece of plastic hanging out your ears.
    I've had several people pointing at them and wondering if it was the Apple AirPods. It's a nice icebreaker also, but no, not an ugly, making-you-look-stupid thing.
    01-15-2017 02:23 PM
    I think it's an eye catcher rather than a humongous, ugly piece of plastic hanging out your ears.
    I've had several people pointing at them and wondering if it was the Apple AirPods. It's a nice icebreaker also, but no, not an ugly, making-you-look-stupid thing.
    they're more discrete than big cans on your ears, that's for sure!
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-16-2017 07:01 AM
    I have to admit, they looked silly when I first saw them. However, being that  released them, I imagine they'll catch on rather quickly.
    01-16-2017 08:44 AM
    Please see their thread I created to see pics of the airpods with skins/wraps

Wrap/Skin for AirPods
    01-16-2017 09:26 AM
    Code for, "they help me get chicks". I understand, I understand.
    01-17-2017 09:33 AM
    Code for, "they help me get chicks". I understand, I understand.
    Code? I thought it was clear
    Quis89 likes this.
    01-17-2017 11:42 AM
    Figured I'd chime in here again after having mine through the weekend and post a few things I'd heard while at the mall.

Random girl in the mall: "Oh my god look! He's got Ear Pods" (I chose not to correct her or even look in her direction honestly. My son rolled his eyes)

Employee at Cold Stone Creamery: "Dude! Those are sweet! What are those??" (My son...again...rolled his eyes even harder)

Thus far I don't feel stupid nor do I think they make me look stupid. They apparently stand out. More-so than I had anticipated they would.
    Tartarus, cwbcpa and njlx2016 like this.
    02-06-2017 08:22 AM
    Yup, people react mainly enthusiastic about them.
    Some asking if it's those AirPods, some call it the 'new Apple thingies', some ask for the price.
    But, in all the time I've had them, since day one, I've never seen anybody pointing at them with some kind of gawking or dismissively rolling their eyes.

Do people say they look stupid? Yes, certainly, but those are the Android fanboys anyway, which I never take serious.
    02-06-2017 04:59 PM
    Or you could say what my mom said to me when she saw them on TV... 'are those earrings?'
    02-06-2017 08:36 PM
82 1234