Right airpod doesn't always register

mstacheef

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding that the right AirPod doesn't always activate when I put it in my ear. I sometimes have to take it out and put it in a couple of times. The left one almost always works right away. Anyone else seeing this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, hopefully, those who have a pair of AirPods will be able to offer suggestions soon.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not having that issue at all. Both AirPods connect equally as fast. I would try to unpair them from the phone and repair them. You will need to use the button on the back of the case though.

If that doesn't help you might need to make a trip to the Apple Store to have them take a look for you.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had a few issues where one or the other don't work (very rare, and normally because I'm taking them out a bit too often), but for me popping the offending AirPod out for a few seconds, then popping it back in resolves the issue (might take a while to start working, i.e. 5 seconds).

If it is more frequent than this, I'd try to reset the AirPods and re-pair them:

1. Open the AirPods case so you can see the status light
2. Press and hold the white circular button on the back of the AirPods case for at least 15 seconds, the status light inside should start flashing amber.

3. Ensure that you AirPods are in the case, then simply open them like you did the first time to re-pair

(you might have to re-choose any specific settings you made, for example double tap preference).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro