One of the biggest questions I have about the AirPods is how they actually fit in the ear. I've always disliked hard tipped earbuds because they refuse to stay in my ear.

Anyone with a pair have any insight into this? What are the fit options, and do they fit snug in your ear?
    12-13-2016 09:22 AM
    Ask Rene

guess only a lucky few have a pair since the official release keeps being postponed.
    12-13-2016 10:39 AM
    lol yeah.

I suspect many of you will have feedback on this soon too
    12-13-2016 11:08 AM
    I just saw the news about the release
    12-13-2016 12:57 PM
    I can't use any ear buds. My ears are funny and they always fall out and I've tried many types even the moldable ones
    12-13-2016 01:34 PM
    Funny you posted this... When the AirPods were announced, I took a pair of EarPods and cut the cords off of them to see if I would like the way they fit. It didn't bother me a lot and I found without the cable then didn't pull down on my ears as much
    12-13-2016 03:14 PM
    Never thought of that. Suppose it would feel lighter on the ear. Might have to head down to the store to check out a pair. Still really curious if they'll actually stay in my ears!
    12-14-2016 11:54 AM
    Just bought them and I have to say they fit better in my ear than the EarPods, but that could be just my imagination.

But once they're in you're ear, they stay in your ear.
    I had to run multiple times to catch my bus and train on my way to work and didn't have once to worry about them falling out of my ears.
    Apple really delivered an amazing product here.
    MasterDarque and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-19-2016 06:39 AM
    Just bought them and I have to say they fit better in my ear than the EarPods, but that could be just my imagination.

But once they're in you're ear, they stay in your ear.
    I had to run multiple times to catch my bus and train on my way to work and didn't have once to worry about them falling out of my ears.
    Apple really delivered an amazing product here.
    Same here... The corded version would pull out of my ears, but the AirPods stay in place and are comfortable.
    12-19-2016 12:59 PM
    Well that's great to hear. Any other quirks, bugs, or features you've encountered that are either horrible or amazing!?
    12-19-2016 03:58 PM
    Well that's great to hear. Any other quirks, bugs, or features you've encountered that are either horrible or amazing!?
    So far James I'm very happy with them, sound is crisp and very comfortable, I love them
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-19-2016 04:03 PM
    Not that I can think of, other than missing a gesture for volume up or down, but I have my phone in my hand most of the time anyway, or I can use my Watch for that purpose.

All in all, I'm glad I bought them.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-19-2016 04:29 PM
    They fit better than the EarPods for sure. Nice and snug. I think the right one might hurt my ear after a while but we'll see tomorrow at work
    12-20-2016 04:56 PM
    They fit way better than the EarPods for me. I couldn't stand the EarPods but these are awesome.

Happy camper
    12-21-2016 05:03 AM
    Only one... I find that I put them in my ears and then I forget that they are there and I end up wearing them all day long 😃

Seriously though, Apple hit these out of the park. I have tried a ton of BT headphones, too many to list and the AirPods are by far the most convenient and best working headphones I have ever used. The speed of connecting to my phone, the ability to wear them mono or stereo, the quality of the mics (I took a 2 hour conference call this morning on them and was told I sounded better than I ever have on this call), the way it announces the caller and lets you answer with a quick double tap. The only thing missing is a way to adjust volume from the ear buds. I set the now playing app on my Watch to the dock and that is what I am using to adjust volume, but it would be nice if there was a sensor on the stem of the AirPods that could adjust volume.
    12-21-2016 12:10 PM
    It's hurting me by telling how great they are. I want to hear how bad they are. I am so green inside ehhhhh!
    12-21-2016 01:55 PM
    It's hurting me by telling how great they are. I want to hear how bad they are. I am so green inside ehhhhh!
    So I guess I should not show you this 😃. If you have the Watch then this shows up in the battery tab on the watch. Integration at its finest 😃
    Attached Thumbnails AirPod in ear fit?-fullsizeoutput_aa4.jpeg  
    12-21-2016 03:14 PM
    So I guess I should not show you this . If you have the Watch then this shows up in the battery tab on the watch. Integration at its finest
    This is really cool!! Does this show up under the battery widget?
    12-21-2016 03:54 PM
    I guess I will have to dream of it.
    12-22-2016 07:06 AM
    I've had the pleasure of using them for the past 4 days and have to say they endure pretty well under different circumstances out of house.
    Walking with a slow or fast pace, briefly running, fast running, going in and out of public transport, they didn't come off once.

And this is why I love Apple. They give you the feeling you're using technology from the future.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-22-2016 07:11 AM
    This is really cool!! Does this show up under the battery widget?
    Yes they come up on the phones battery widget as well. Also if you open the case next to the phone you get a pop up with the battery level of the AirPods and the case.

UPDATE: Today I wore them at the gym. I did chest, triceps, core and I jumped rope. Let me tell you I am in LOVE!!! I have the PB3s that I have been using at the gym, but those have now been retired to my sleeping headphones. Working out without any wires was wonderful.

Not only did I do a bunch of presses and core work, I did 100 jumping jacks and 30min of jumping rope. The AirPods stayed in my ears and didn't move a bit. As a bonus they sounded great. Nice and loud listening to my metal gym mix. I have the double tap setting to pause/play and it was nice when one of my buddies asked me a question and I didn't need to fumble for a button to pause my music. I might switch to Siri and use my Watch to pause the music, or just take a bud out of my ear. I will try that tomorrow and see if I like that better. My wife sent me a text while I was jumping rope and a quick "read my text" would have been nice.

I am going to keep using them for the next few weeks at the gym doing all sorts of stuff and if my opinion changes I will post here.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-22-2016 09:26 AM
    Yes they come up on the phones battery widget as well. Also if you open the case next to the phone you get a pop up with the battery level of the AirPods and the case.

UPDATE: Today I wore them at the gym. I did chest, triceps, core and I jumped rope. Let me tell you I am in LOVE!!! I have the PB3s that I have been using at the gym, but those have now been retired to my sleeping headphones. Working out without any wires was wonderful.

Not only did I do a bunch of presses and core work, I did 100 jumping jacks and 30min of jumping rope. The AirPods stayed in my ears and didn't move a bit. As a bonus they sounded great. Nice and loud listening to my metal gym mix. I have the double tap setting to pause/play and it was nice when one of my buddies asked me a question and I didn't need to fumble for a button to pause my music. I might switch to Siri and use my Watch to pause the music, or just take a bud out of my ear. I will try that tomorrow and see if I like that better. My wife sent me a text while I was jumping rope and a quick "read my text" would have been nice.

I am going to keep using them for the next few weeks at the gym doing all sorts of stuff and if my opinion changes I will post here.
    That's awesome.

How did they come along with all the sweat running down?
    12-22-2016 10:01 AM
    This is the only reason I won't be ordering a pair of AirPods. Apple earpods not only don't stay in my ears, but give me pain in just a few hours of use.
    12-22-2016 10:03 AM
    That's awesome.

How did they come along with all the sweat running down?
    No issues at all. They stayed put even sweaty.

This is the only reason I won't be ordering a pair of AirPods. Apple earpods not only don't stay in my ears, but give me pain in just a few hours of use.
    I was the same with the EarPods. I think the wire pulling on them makes a big difference. The AirPods while the same shape as the EarPods, fit in my ears, stay in and don't hurt. Might be worth going to an Apple Store and try them out.
    j.bergsing, Tartarus and JML5150 like this.
    12-22-2016 11:32 AM
    After a couple of days I've just tried turning my AirPods by 90 degrees (so the stem is parallel to the ground) and they feel much more secure; interesting, will try them some more like this
    12-23-2016 08:01 AM
52 123