AirPod in ear fit?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the biggest questions I have about the AirPods is how they actually fit in the ear. I've always disliked hard tipped earbuds because they refuse to stay in my ear.

Anyone with a pair have any insight into this? What are the fit options, and do they fit snug in your ear?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't use any ear buds. My ears are funny and they always fall out and I've tried many types even the moldable ones

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Funny you posted this... When the AirPods were announced, I took a pair of EarPods and cut the cords off of them to see if I would like the way they fit. It didn't bother me a lot and I found without the cable then didn't pull down on my ears as much

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Never thought of that. Suppose it would feel lighter on the ear. Might have to head down to the store to check out a pair. Still really curious if they'll actually stay in my ears!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just bought them and I have to say they fit better in my ear than the EarPods, but that could be just my imagination.

But once they're in you're ear, they stay in your ear.
I had to run multiple times to catch my bus and train on my way to work and didn't have once to worry about them falling out of my ears.
Apple really delivered an amazing product here.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just bought them and I have to say they fit better in my ear than the EarPods, but that could be just my imagination.

But once they're in you're ear, they stay in your ear.
I had to run multiple times to catch my bus and train on my way to work and didn't have once to worry about them falling out of my ears.
Apple really delivered an amazing product here.

Same here... The corded version would pull out of my ears, but the AirPods stay in place and are comfortable.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well that's great to hear. Any other quirks, bugs, or features you've encountered that are either horrible or amazing!?

Not that I can think of, other than missing a gesture for volume up or down, but I have my phone in my hand most of the time anyway, or I can use my Watch for that purpose.

All in all, I'm glad I bought them.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
They fit way better than the EarPods for me. I couldn't stand the EarPods but these are awesome.

Happy camper

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Well that's great to hear. Any other quirks, bugs, or features you've encountered that are either horrible or amazing!?

Only one... I find that I put them in my ears and then I forget that they are there and I end up wearing them all day long 😃

Seriously though, Apple hit these out of the park. I have tried a ton of BT headphones, too many to list and the AirPods are by far the most convenient and best working headphones I have ever used. The speed of connecting to my phone, the ability to wear them mono or stereo, the quality of the mics (I took a 2 hour conference call this morning on them and was told I sounded better than I ever have on this call), the way it announces the caller and lets you answer with a quick double tap. The only thing missing is a way to adjust volume from the ear buds. I set the now playing app on my Watch to the dock and that is what I am using to adjust volume, but it would be nice if there was a sensor on the stem of the AirPods that could adjust volume.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It's hurting me by telling how great they are. I want to hear how bad they are. I am so green inside ehhhhh!

So I guess I should not show you this 😃. If you have the Watch then this shows up in the battery tab on the watch. Integration at its finest 😃

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_aa4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_aa4.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 97

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had the pleasure of using them for the past 4 days and have to say they endure pretty well under different circumstances out of house.
Walking with a slow or fast pace, briefly running, fast running, going in and out of public transport, they didn't come off once.

And this is why I love Apple. They give you the feeling you're using technology from the future.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2