But how did they sound?!
    12-25-2016 10:42 AM
    But how did they sound?!
    I think they sound great, but I am no audiophile
    12-25-2016 08:36 PM
    You should try a demo pair at your local  store. EarPods did not stay in my ears. I found the experience to be very different with the AirPods.
    01-07-2017 03:55 AM
    Late to respond:
    Received my AirPods on Jan 5, 2017. I ordered the EarHoox 2.0 as I was concerned the AirPods would not stay in my ears.

For me, the AirPods easily fallout of my ear. However, the EarHoox 2.0 solve that problem and are comfortable to wear. The EarHoox are durable as I need to remove them to re-charge/store the Air Pods multiple times during the day.

The AirPods are comfortable and the audio for music is fine. However, my Bose QC 30 in-ear Bluetooth headset has superior sound, and, in addition, if I need to, can specify a setting for the noise-cancelling.

Having stated the above, I use my AirPods much more than my Bose QC 30. Even with having to R&R the EarHoox 2.0, they are more convenient for me to use.
    cheli007 likes this.
    02-01-2017 10:15 AM
    I can't believe I'm even considering these but for some reason I am. EarPods have never worked for me, so that is really my only concern. Thanks all for your input. I may have to try them on at the store ... although sticking something in my ear that others have used grossed me out a little.
    02-04-2017 12:01 PM
    EarPods have never stayed in very well for me but these AirPods seem to stay in great. I wore them at work this afternoon for a few calls. I was walking around, bending over and reaching for files and they didn't fall out one time. The EarPods would never have stayed in.
    02-08-2017 08:16 PM
    The EarPods have always stayed in my ears and are the most comfortable in ear earphones I've ever used. I wasn't worried about the airpods of fitting and I wasn't wrong. I think they actually got even better than to EarPods if that's possible.
    02-10-2017 03:39 PM
    The AirPods fit well in my ears, but they are not snug. They are not heavy, by any means nor they do not move around while in my ears. They simply aren't snug in "my" ears.
    02-10-2017 04:16 PM
    The AirPods fit well in my ears, but they are not snug. They are not heavy, by any means nor they do not move around while in my ears. They simply aren't snug in "my" ears.
    Same here. They are not snug, but they don't fall out either. They seem to just sit in my ears and stay. They are super comfortable. I'm going to wear them to the gym in the morning and see how they do with a workout. My PowerBeat 2's may be getting retired.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-10-2017 04:29 PM
    I consider the fit pretty much same as the wired earphones but the weight and no cords seems to keep them in ears. For corded units the right ear tends to fall out. So far not a problem with the AirPods.

Leaving office and stepping into grocery store last evening I forgot they were in the ears until I got strange looks in the grocery store. I guess that's another way of realizing fit is OK.

Foam covers help the old corded models stay in and stay clean. I plan to try them with the AirPods but that case is a pretty tight fit so that might be out of the question.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-04-2017 09:28 AM
    ... but the weight and no cords seems to keep them in ears.
    I agree...
    03-04-2017 09:38 AM
    I consider the fit pretty much same as the wired earphones but the weight and no cords seems to keep them in ears. For corded units the right ear tends to fall out. So far not a problem with the AirPods.

Leaving office and stepping into grocery store last evening I forgot they were in the ears until I got strange looks in the grocery store. I guess that's another way of realizing fit is OK.

Foam covers help the old corded models stay in and stay clean. I plan to try them with the AirPods but that case is a pretty tight fit so that might be out of the question.
    I picked up some foam covers and they made the sound a bit better and still fit in the case. I just took them off becasue it was not enough of a difference for me to leave them on.
    03-04-2017 10:20 AM
    I picked up some foam covers and they made the sound a bit better and still fit in the case. I just took them off becasue it was not enough of a difference for me to leave them on.
    I was surprised one didn't want to stay with foam covers.

As for sound better with the foam or thinking they break in? I'm not so sure.
    03-04-2017 07:01 PM
    I just didn't find the need for them so I took them off. I got a pack with 20 of them so I have plenty.
    03-05-2017 02:28 PM
    Mine fit great and stay in my ears way better than the wired EarPods. Took them out for a few runs and had no issues with them at all. They slip less than my Jaybird X2's.
    03-14-2017 06:33 PM
    Received mine last week after waiting a month.

Was initially very hesitant as EarPods have never worked for me, the cables always tugging and they would fall out after a few seconds.

I've got a couple of pairs of Bluetooth earbuds which I switch between but I don't get on with these either as the silicone buds are either too large or too small so hurt my ears or keep coming loose. Plus I always found myself turning my body to look around rather than my neck due to fear of them falling out or tugging with the cable round the back of the neck.

So big plunge going for the AirPods.

So I've had them for a week now. Build quality is exceptional I think. However, the true test is how I get on with them.

I mainly use them whilst I walk the dog or down the gym doing cardio.

The definitive answer is; they do stay in my ears. They're not perfect by any means. Shaped like the EarPods they fit in my ear and can balance precariously near the edge of the ear, and I am having to adjust them and push them down deeper to make me feel more comfortable they're secure. Using them daily, they haven't physically fallen out once, but they sometimes feel like they are about to, particularly the right one.

Shaking my head around like a fool (in private I might add), again they stay in but you can't shake the feeling they're about to come out.

I've thought about getting earhoox but I'm not sure I'm prepared to go with the fiddling around putting them on and taking them off all the time. Seems like a hinderance I could do without.

It's still early days and over time I'll probably become less conscious of the falling out feeling that came with the EarPods and has carried over to the AirPods. That, or I'll end having to buy a replacement from Apple.
    cheli007 likes this.
    03-18-2017 02:33 AM
    Received mine last week after waiting a month.

Was initially very hesitant as EarPods have never worked for me, the cables always tugging and they would fall out after a few seconds.

I've got a couple of pairs of Bluetooth earbuds which I switch between but I don't get on with these either as the silicone buds are either too large or too small so hurt my ears or keep coming loose. Plus I always found myself turning my body to look around rather than my neck due to fear of them falling out or tugging with the cable round the back of the neck.

So big plunge going for the AirPods.

So I've had them for a week now. Build quality is exceptional I think. However, the true test is how I get on with them.

I mainly use them whilst I walk the dog or down the gym doing cardio.

The definitive answer is; they do stay in my ears. They're not perfect by any means. Shaped like the EarPods they fit in my ear and can balance precariously near the edge of the ear, and I am having to adjust them and push them down deeper to make me feel more comfortable they're secure. Using them daily, they haven't physically fallen out once, but they sometimes feel like they are about to, particularly the right one.

Shaking my head around like a fool (in private I might add), again they stay in but you can't shake the feeling they're about to come out.

I've thought about getting earhoox but I'm not sure I'm prepared to go with the fiddling around putting them on and taking them off all the time. Seems like a hinderance I could do without.

It's still early days and over time I'll probably become less conscious of the falling out feeling that came with the EarPods and has carried over to the AirPods. That, or I'll end having to buy a replacement from Apple.
    Great write up. I've had mine for a few weeks and they haven't fallen out with pretty frequent use. Every once in a while I feel like I have to push them in a little to get better sound isolation but they stay in my ears way better then EarPods. Not having the cord pulling on them makes a HUGE difference.

Overall I love these things.
    cwbcpa and robertk328 like this.
    03-18-2017 06:26 AM
    When I first got my Airpods I tried to stuff them into my ears like I would with my IEMs. I thought I would have a problem. Soon, though, I discovered that the Airpods would comfortably and securely perch in the hollow of my middle ear and efficiently channel the sound to the ear canal. Great sound. I love these things!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-18-2017 08:26 AM
    Mine fit great. They get a little loose when I am jumping rope, but they don't come out. The only thing is the sound is not as loud, but some foam covers fix that 😃
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:03 AM
    Mine fit well, and I think they are maybe a little bit tighter than the regular EarPods? So far so good!
    03-22-2017 06:37 AM
    Not having the cord pulling on them makes a HUGE difference.
    Bingo.
    Rob Phillips and bamf-hacker like this.
    03-22-2017 06:40 AM
    Yeah the EarPods don't stay in my ears but the AirPods do, so I can only attribute that to the cords pulling them down.
    03-23-2017 12:34 PM
    I was surprised one didn't want to stay with foam covers.

As for sound better with the foam or thinking they break in? I'm not so sure.
    My guess is that the "sound better" solely because the foam helps give better sound isolation, you aren't getting as much background noise.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-23-2017 11:22 PM
    My guess is that the "sound better" solely because the foam helps give better sound isolation, you aren't getting as much background noise.
    Right -- it's blocking the external noise from getting in.
    03-24-2017 06:36 AM
    Still haven't been able to shake the feeling they'll fall out if too energetic. They are definitely affected when walking in the wind, as they get caught depending on what angle you're at.

I bought some earhoox this week to help me out. They make them a little more secure, but it's not an elegant solution as it means they do not fit in the charging case, and they are not the easiest thing to put on and take off quickly, so they might be reserved for being used for long periods of time.

They fit and suit me a lot better than EarPods and other bluetooth earbuds that I've had in the past. It's just getting used to them. Doesn't help the weather has been a bit rotten with lots of cross-winds recently.
    03-24-2017 12:26 PM
52 123