Are AirPods worth $159 USD to you?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No, there are very few headphones of Any kind that are worth over £50 let alone £150 and they'd be studio kit,over ear cans.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
No, there are very few headphones of Any kind that are worth over £50 let alone £150 and they'd be studio kit,over ear cans.

Well that depends on the type of earphones you like. Over ear vs buds, pocket carry and easy storage vs big and bulky. I paid 180 for the jaybird blubuds x when they first came out and love them, and still use them. I have a pair of beats solo 3s that I got a few weeks ago. Love the sound and quality but not something I want to wag around all the time. With the airpods you can just throw them in a pocket, use one bud for a phone call etc.

So to me is 150 a lil steep. Yes it is but it's the price of tech your paying for. If your an audiophile then yea these will be a waste of money and there are plenty of other headphones that will do much better.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After almost two weeks the answer is still YES, along with accessories...
44ed46c8accf26b4de69222c9dd88a19.jpg

b7bfaa3a71ee54b728e76b5b1f001207.jpg

092894d1a782a7982f804882be6007ff.jpg

lou380

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Got mines the 21st and been loving them since day 1.I live in Nyc so I use them all day everyday especially for subways and blocking out all the people .They do last 5 hrs and sound very clear for the size.They charge in about 15 minutes which is a must for me.And the million dollar question everyone ask me THEY DON'T FALL OFF or even move once in my ear.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Got mines the 21st and been loving them since day 1.I live in Nyc so I use them all day everyday especially for subways and blocking out all the people .They do last 5 hrs and sound very clear for the size.They charge in about 15 minutes which is a must for me.And the million dollar question everyone ask me THEY DON'T FALL OFF or even move once in my ear.

Definitely great for the hustle and bustle of NYC. I want to get my mom a pair cause she takes the train in NYC and walks everywhere she can.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried a pair on at the Apple Store today. They were extremely snug in my ear. I had no worries about them falling out. And the sound quality was extremely good. I was thoroughly surprised. My pair are still processing but I was debating on canceling the order. I think I'll hold on to them now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Tried a pair on at the Apple Store today. They were extremely snug in my ear. I had no worries about them falling out. And the sound quality was extremely good. I was thoroughly surprised. My pair are still processing but I was debating on canceling the order. I think I'll hold on to them now.

I totally understand. I wasn't even thinking about getting the Apple AirPods until I did a demonstration at the Apple Store (impressive)...I had to have them. The rest is history and I'm really enjoying them.

upandover

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I bought them because I listen to so much audio $159 still represents good value if they're good enough. And they are, sound quality isn't the best but I use them almost exclusively and on a daily basis. If Apple hadn't made them though, would I buy them? Probably not.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If they were in store, I would probably have some by now! ;)

Each time I go to the mall I stop in the Apple store and ask just to see lol. It's always a fake out because they will say "Ummm let me check". Rather than simply saying "No we don't have any". So I get excited for a brief moment lol.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not cancelling my order yet but gave some time for fit and tried the app for the Jaybirds we got. Now I have a hard time thinking there will not be diminished returns for high end products like the AirPods.

My understanding of the single ear use keeps me interested. That might be very good for my work. I hope the AirPods fit better than Apple's wired models do.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not cancelling my order yet but gave some time for fit and tried the app for the Jaybirds we got. Now I have a hard time thinking there will not be diminished returns for high end products like the AirPods.

My understanding of the single ear use keeps me interested. That might be very good for my work. I hope the AirPods fit better than Apple's wired models do.

Same concerns on my side. I think that's the biggest concern for most. Fit. Well, that and price!

May I suggest going to the Apple Store and doing a demonstration. That's what I did. They clean them throughly and actually use your iPhone for the demonstration. Once I did the demonstration I was sold and had to have them

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox