Supply chain monitor Economic Daily News reported on Tuesday that manufacturer Inventec would see quarterly profits jump in the quarter starting in January 2017 because of a shifted launch date. At the same time, the publication said that the fourth quarter 2016 profits would not be changed from the third quarter. However, sources familiar with the company's plans indicated that internally, there is no official delay until January for shipment of the wireless earbuds.

One person briefed on the matter said plainly that there was "no way that these are getting pushed to January". fingers crossed soon I hope
    11-02-2016 01:53 AM
    Not sure how long I can wait. These cords are driving me crazy! here's to hoping it won't be later than January
    11-03-2016 07:49 AM
    11-03-2016 08:27 AM
    You need the charging box to use them with your phone....did not know that. Not sure I like it.
    11-03-2016 10:54 AM
    You mean the little carrying box? That I think is to keep them charged. I hope if your driving and you leave them alone in a cup holder you should be able to pick it up and make or receive a call and than put it back in the cup holder without losing a lot to of charge. I hope this is the case because driving and taking them out and putting them back in the case will be a hassle. There supposed to have at least a five hour change from what I'm hearing, so I hope you don't have to charge them a lot unless you always using them.
    11-03-2016 02:20 PM
    Each day that goes by I find myself wanting them less. I feel like Apple pulled one over on everyone. If they were not ready I feel like they should have not showed them in September. I know some people don't like them and do not plan on getting them but I really wanted them. Ever since I saw they movie Her I thought that would be so cool. What else should I expect from a Company that puts out the best IPhone every 6 months to a year.
    11-03-2016 04:38 PM
    From the article:

and a small charging and carrying case that will provide more power on the go as well as the mechanism to sync with the iPhone 7.

Correct me if I did not understood this correctly but, it sure looks like the case is needed for communication between your phone and the air pods.
    11-03-2016 05:10 PM
    When the 12.9" iPad Pro was announced in September & released in November, wasn't the keyboard & pencil announced and not available then? This is about the same thing I think. Besides, Apple won't release something if they think there's something wrong with it.
    11-03-2016 05:46 PM
    Perhaps? But I did not buy the iPad Pro so Is am not sure. I don't think they said it would be available then a day before say no it's not ready. I don't think anything is wrong with the air pods IMHO, I think it's a marketing thing. Maybe release them around the Holidays to drum up more Business. Heck I don't know it's a fact some stores have them for demonstration so if something is wrong they would not have the right units. But like I said just my opinion!
    11-03-2016 11:26 PM
    From the article:

and a small charging and carrying case that will provide more power on the go as well as the mechanism to sync with the iPhone 7.

Correct me if I did not understood this correctly but, it sure looks like the case is needed for communication between your phone and the air pods.
    I think it's the inital sync and that's it. If you walk away from the case to run to the store with your airpods in and with your phone, they should work fine. But since none of us have had a chance to try them, I'm not 100% sure.
    11-09-2016 03:37 PM
    11-11-2016 10:59 AM
    The case is needed for pairing but not to use them. After pairing, the case is for storing them and charging them.
    11-11-2016 11:01 AM
    Now it is being reported that they will be out in December in limited quantities, I can't take this
    11-11-2016 03:30 PM
    You would think they would want these out in time for the holidays. Might make a great stocking stuffer!
    11-11-2016 04:19 PM
    I don't think anyone knows when these will come out anymore, not even Apple. They are just trying to keep us on our toes. I guess I'll just move on to the next cool thing for now then.
    11-12-2016 07:48 AM
    I don't think anyone knows when these will come out anymore, not even Apple. They are just trying to keep us on our toes. I guess I'll just move on to the next cool thing for now then.
    While most don't have the extra features the air pods have, MANY other similar products are available, some with similar features.
    11-13-2016 10:05 AM
    I just chatted with Apple on their website and I got so mad. They will not tell me anything. Not if they will go on sale this year, next year. Come on give me something. I have been with them since their first Iphone. Maybe I need to start looking for something else in this category, getting so sick of the wait! All in all this is so bad for Apple IMO. When they do start selling them I hate to give ill will toward the Company but I hope they fail!
    11-16-2016 09:44 AM
    I was at the apple store yesterday because I too am impatient and decided to go with the Powerbeats 3. While I was there I asked about the Airpods and I was told they haven't given them a date for when they will be available. I am happy with my Powerbeats and will not be getting the Airpods when they are released now. The Powerbeats give me access to volume and skipping songs along with the new W1 chip so no reason to get the Airpods.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-16-2016 11:08 AM
    Maybe that's a good idea instead. Problem is my store will not have those till Dec. 5. I can order but it says 1-2 weeks. I am not patient I want it now! boo hew for me I guess.
    11-16-2016 11:28 AM
    Maybe that's a good idea instead. Problem is my store will not have those till Dec. 5. I can order but it says 1-2 weeks. I am not patient I want it now! boo hew for me I guess.
    Maybe an online order from Apple, or Amazon could be faster?

Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones - Black - Apple

https://www.amazon.com/Powerbeats3-W...mUvbUpU2852440

(I probably shouldn't tell you my local Apple store has them in stock)
    11-16-2016 01:00 PM
    Ya thanks, none in my state has any. I read some bad comments on them like about the sound. Can you tell me how it is?
    11-16-2016 01:45 PM
    Ya thanks, none in my state has any. I read some bad comments on them like about the sound. Can you tell me how it is?
    I don't have them. I'm an over the ear guy. Right now I have v-moda crossfades m-100s, and I use the dongle. (or my Pixel) When I go bluetooth it'll be either the V-Moda bluetooth model, the Bose QC 35s, or some other 200ish range over the ear headphones. Although I ALWAYS buy when on sale!
    11-16-2016 03:44 PM
    I am impressed with the sound of my Powerbeats 3, they are an improvement to the Powerbeats 2. I like the way they fit, just seems better. I had the Motorola S10-HD's and the Plantronics Backbeats and the Powerbeats 2 beat them in the sound so like I said, I really like the sound in the Powerbeats 3. By the way, they will not sound like the over the ear headphones and if there is a pair that sounds like those I bet they are really expensive (IMO). I do have the Beats Wireless Studio and the Studio do sound better but I think that is because it is blocking the outside sound out better. I am happy with my purchase. Hope this helps.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-17-2016 07:27 AM
    I am impressed with the sound of my Powerbeats 3, they are an improvement to the Powerbeats 2. I like the way they fit, just seems better. I had the Motorola S10-HD's and the Plantronics Backbeats and the Powerbeats 2 beat them in the sound so like I said, I really like the sound in the Powerbeats 3. By the way, they will not sound like the over the ear headphones and if there is a pair that sounds like those I bet they are really expensive (IMO). I do have the Beats Wireless Studio and the Studio do sound better but I think that is because it is blocking the outside sound out better. I am happy with my purchase. Hope this helps.
    yes thank you
    11-17-2016 08:39 AM
    doesn't look like today is the day. Maybe next week, or January
    11-18-2016 06:59 AM
50 12