Whose getting a pair of the new AirPods?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
$159 seems like an outrageous price point for these unless the sound quality is incredible. If the sound quality on these is equal to the current Apple earphones, that is a complete waste of money. I'll wait to hear reviews on sound quality before I jump on the train.

satellitesausage

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am a bit skeptical due to two things: 1) will it easily fall out? 2) how save is it to have so much bluetooth activity next to your ear?

As for the first one, I have seen some pretty cool videos that show that it is not falling out easily. I think it was a review by TechCrunch. So with that I am not worried anymore.
As for the second one, I will have to dig into some literature. Has anyone found some good resources?

Worst case there are some other earpods that might do the job.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I want to get them but it will make my decision easier if it came in black color also instead of just white.

Also I want to test the sound quality.

AndrewChang

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to get a pair. I really like the ability to charge them on the go via the case.

I would hope that Apple update them later (via a software update) to add some extra functionality with the tap gestures so that you can skip forward and skip back rather than having to use Siri all the time.

bill.davis

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I plan to get them; I have been waiting for something exactly like this from Apple for a while.

And it's cheaper than similar products I have seen.

Wish they were available in black, but that is my only quibble.

I have been using a mono Bluetooth headset for this for years, no worries about them falling out, and there are solutions for that.

Plus if you do lose one, you can get a replacement.

They seem very well designed compared to other similar headsets.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
EarPods are all I use. If these fit like that, I may have to give them a go (and get the 9.99 cord to hold around my neck). I don't want any of the other options with ear hooks, or pieces like Jaybird that look like they have to be mounted in my ear. A wireless version of what I have seems like the way to go.

That little fin on Jaybirds is optional, and only if you have the cord hanging down under your ear, it's too keep the earphone in your ear during physical exertion.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Yay. Bluetooth headsets making a comeback. Just in time for me since my Jawbone Icons' batteries are just about dead.

mamilo1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I plan on getting them at launch. All preview videos I've seen have sold me on them, and before being announced, I was looking for wireless headphones so might as well go with these. Just waiting on the release date.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have gift cards saved up and will be getting them when they launch. I'm also looking forward to having them work with all my devices with no effort.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Count me in. I was honestly more impressed with the AirPod presentation during the iPhone 7 event. I use my current EarPod headset every day for phone calls at work, so the AirPods will absolutely be a better experience in every way for that use case. I already have over the ear studio monitors for music and live sound mixing.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm thorn between buying them or the Beats X that Apple will release... Both have the W1 chip that right now is a must have for me. On the AirPods side they have the case that charges them on the go and it saves me charging them each day, but I'm not really fond of the design and neither the sound that the reviews say is the same as the current ones. On the Beats side, I love the design specially since they have a black color that for me will allow them to be really discreet, also 8 hours of battery is not that bad... The sound well... I don't expect anything amazing but I had the chance to listen to some wired old ones and I liked it enough and the small cable that links them gives me a bit of safety if they eventually fall of my ears (even though the old earphones never did). What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77