Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Whose getting a pair of the new AirPods?

$159 seems like an outrageous price point for these unless the sound quality is incredible. If the sound quality on these is equal to the current Apple earphones, that is a complete waste of money. I'll wait to hear reviews on sound quality before I jump on the train.
    iMore Nanite

I am a bit skeptical due to two things: 1) will it easily fall out? 2) how save is it to have so much bluetooth activity next to your ear?

As for the first one, I have seen some pretty cool videos that show that it is not falling out easily. I think it was a review by TechCrunch. So with that I am not worried anymore.
    As for the second one, I will have to dig into some literature. Has anyone found some good resources?

Worst case there are some other earpods that might do the job.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I want to get them but it will make my decision easier if it came in black color also instead of just white.

Also I want to test the sound quality.
    iMore Newbie

I'm going to get a pair. I really like the ability to charge them on the go via the case.

I would hope that Apple update them later (via a software update) to add some extra functionality with the tap gestures so that you can skip forward and skip back rather than having to use Siri all the time.

EarPods are all I use. If these fit like that, I may have to give them a go (and get the 9.99 cord to hold around my neck). I don't want any of the other options with ear hooks, or pieces like Jaybird that look like they have to be mounted in my ear. A wireless version of what I have seems like the way to go.
    iMore Nanite

I plan to get them; I have been waiting for something exactly like this from Apple for a while.

And it's cheaper than similar products I have seen.

Wish they were available in black, but that is my only quibble.

I have been using a mono Bluetooth headset for this for years, no worries about them falling out, and there are solutions for that.

Plus if you do lose one, you can get a replacement.

They seem very well designed compared to other similar headsets.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,630 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    EarPods are all I use. If these fit like that, I may have to give them a go (and get the 9.99 cord to hold around my neck). I don't want any of the other options with ear hooks, or pieces like Jaybird that look like they have to be mounted in my ear. A wireless version of what I have seems like the way to go.
    That little fin on Jaybirds is optional, and only if you have the cord hanging down under your ear, it's too keep the earphone in your ear during physical exertion.

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    That little fin on Jaybirds is optional, and only if you have the cord hanging down under your ear, it's too keep the earphone in your ear during physical exertion.
    Yeah I probably don't need it then lol. Good to know, I've been looking at those...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Yay. Bluetooth headsets making a comeback. Just in time for me since my Jawbone Icons' batteries are just about dead.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I plan on getting them at launch. All preview videos I've seen have sold me on them, and before being announced, I was looking for wireless headphones so might as well go with these. Just waiting on the release date.
    iMore Intermediate

Yes I have gift cards saved up and will be getting them when they launch. I'm also looking forward to having them work with all my devices with no effort.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

Count me in. I was honestly more impressed with the AirPod presentation during the iPhone 7 event. I use my current EarPod headset every day for phone calls at work, so the AirPods will absolutely be a better experience in every way for that use case. I already have over the ear studio monitors for music and live sound mixing.
    iMore Nanite

I will be getting me a pair when they come out!
    iMore Nanite

Looking forward to the seamless experience of popping them in and out as needled (fingers crossed )
    iMore Newbie

I'm thorn between buying them or the Beats X that Apple will release... Both have the W1 chip that right now is a must have for me. On the AirPods side they have the case that charges them on the go and it saves me charging them each day, but I'm not really fond of the design and neither the sound that the reviews say is the same as the current ones. On the Beats side, I love the design specially since they have a black color that for me will allow them to be really discreet, also 8 hours of battery is not that bad... The sound well... I don't expect anything amazing but I had the chance to listen to some wired old ones and I liked it enough and the small cable that links them gives me a bit of safety if they eventually fall of my ears (even though the old earphones never did). What do you guys think?
    iMore Newbie

If these things ever actually come out, I'll be happy to try them out. I'm really anxious to try out the W1 chip. About to break down and get the Solo3s even though they sit tight on my head.
    iMore Newbie

I will wait for second generation airpods. I recently bought a pair of jaybird x2s. No point in investing another 160 bucks.

I wasn't at first but after several weeks with the 7, it's a necessity

If I had got the 7/7 Plus, I wouldn't get them. None of the earpods Apple has ever made stay in my ear. For $160, I could do better. I prefer over the head headphones.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    11,467 Global Posts

I'll stick to my LG wireless and my beats

How's the sound quality on LG Tones?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    11,467 Global Posts

I like it. I'm not into latest specs and all, but a lot of co-workers use them and I have no issues with them
    mumfoau likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    If I had got the 7/7 Plus, I wouldn't get them. None of the earpods Apple has ever made stay in my ear. For $160, I could do better. I prefer over the head headphones.
    The reviews that are coming out are saying they actually stay in ear better because there is no wire to pull down on it. We shall see.

I'm also getting anxious for them. If I was only waiting for the W1 chip, I'd probably just buy some Beats right now, but I like the extras of the charging case and other extras like taking them out pauses them. It's a pain the butt to move something like Beats between work and home often and not forget them or have to carry them. The airpods will fit in my pocket. Much easier.
    iMore Nanite

They seem interesting but really costly for something I would loose in a moments notice.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

not going to purchase you don't get value for the price, gonna purchase beats
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast