Power Bank Advice-MFI Certified Necessary?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I, too, am looking for a power bank to support iPhones and iPad Mini 2s. I would want a power bank that has an IQ feature that doesn't harm the devices battery.

I am looking at the Mophie Space Pack for iPad Mini 2. Does anyone have any experience using the Mophie Space Pack?

Also, I am looking at the single "lipstick" type of portable charger made for iPods or single devices. Any thoughts or opinions on which ones are good and will last?

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Not a lot to report, but last night just to test it, I plugged my 7+ and my Bluetooth headphones in and charged them both. Charger didn't get warm nor did the devices and of course because of the capacity of the battery, it still reads out at 100% (on that note my phone was at ~40% and headphones probably ~20%).

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I, too, am looking for a power bank to support iPhones and iPad Mini 2s. I would want a power bank that has an IQ feature that doesn't harm the devices battery.

I am looking at the Mophie Space Pack for iPad Mini 2. Does anyone have any experience using the Mophie Space Pack?

Also, I am looking at the single "lipstick" type of portable charger made for iPods or single devices. Any thoughts or opinions on which ones are good and will last?

I could be wrong, but I think the space pack has memory built in? Maybe you're looking at the juice pack?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
No, I did mean Mophie Space Pack. The Space Pack doesn't have built in memory. It comes with an built in battery plus a flash memory for extra storage. The Juice pack is only an extra battery.

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Update: plugged in my headphones to charge them up and noticed that after a while the light on the headphones had turned off (note the light is red when charging and green when charged). The power bank still showed about 50% charge but I plugged it and recharged thinking maybe it was lower than the readout. Charged overnight and tried plugging in my headphones again and they charged for about 5 minutes and then the lift shut off again. I tried a different cord and the same happened.

I'm returning to Amazon and now debating if I order another Anker (maybe this was defective) or do I go Mophie or something else?

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I may sound like I have shares in Anker but I've bought so many of their products!

A 2nd gen astro E5 for me, one for my wife.
A mini Anker battery stick.( Think they are called mini core)

2 x 6ft Anker braided iPhone cable.
1 gold 3ft Anker braided iphone cable (to match wife's gold iPhone at the time)
1 x Anker black 2amp wallcharger (1usb)
1 x Anker white 2amp wallcharger (2usb)
1 x black 3ft Anker braided cable .

3 x wireless QI chargers for when I use my Samsung S6.

I think that's all.

Anker is my go to for phone accessories and cables!

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

If you can I'd go with an anker power bank that is like an astro E5. Those things can charge iPad and iPhone multiple times. those mini ones you are lucky to get one charge out of them.

Bit like this Anker Power Bank PowerCore 10000,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019GJL...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2954856

Look at some of the others in the range as there are better versions of the Anker range.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I may sound like I have shares in Anker but I've bought so many of their products!

A 2nd gen astro E5 for me, one for my wife.
A mini Anker battery stick.( Think they are called mini core)

2 x 6ft Anker braided iPhone cable.
1 gold 3ft Anker braided iphone cable (to match wife's gold iPhone at the time)
1 x Anker black 2amp wallcharger (1usb)
1 x Anker white 2amp wallcharger (2usb)
1 x black 3ft Anker braided cable .

3 x wireless QI chargers for when I use my Samsung S6.

I think that's all.

Anker is my go to for phone accessories and cables!

Ha! You get so much bang for your buck buying Anker products. I also have a few power banks and a few of their beaded cables, as well as some other odd and end accessories. The price for the quality of the product is amazing.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Ha! You get so much bang for your buck buying Anker products. I also have a few power banks and a few of their beaded cables, as well as some other odd and end accessories. The price for the quality of the product is amazing.

Yep!!
Mophie can be a bit overpriced.
Oh and apparently the founder of Anker were former Google employees.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods