Do you ever swap your tempered glass for a new one?

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Depends on the screen protector. Some you can just press on the edge and break them. Others it's just a matter of force. 9H takes a good amount to break. Usually it's just a collection of scratches over time that make it hard to see through.

Interesting. I am not doubting you. It's just that I have yet to scratch or break one. And I use the really cheap Dollar Store, tempered glass screen protectors. There are a couple of T-Mobile employees near me that are now using the cheap ones too.

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I've only ever had one tempered glass screen protector. It is still on the iPhone 6 that I passed down to my son. There is one slightly chipped spot. But that is up at the top where it got dropped once. It isn't in the way of anything so we didn't feel a need to replace it. I currently don't have a screen protector on my 7 Plus. Just because I haven't gotten around to purchasing one yet. I've only had my 7 Plus for about a month.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Yep. This is my third Belkin tempered glass.
I get it replaced every time because of a few cracks in it.

What is it about Belkin? One on my 7 shattered of its own accord without being hit, and the replacement I installed is slightly askew. I will try another, I suppose.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
What is it about Belkin? One on my 7 shattered of its own accord without being hit, and the replacement I installed is slightly askew. I will try another, I suppose.

I think it's time to move on to another brand. Three strikes...

And there is no new to purchase an expensive one. Myself and others have found the cheap ones to be every bit as good as the much more expensive offerings.

SVP

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

They place it with a machine in the Apple Store. I'm quite OCD about my phone and can't stand any crooked placed protectors. That's why I choose for the Belkin. Not because I love it but it is always straight on my phone.

Both of the time I found it justified to get a new screen protector because of damages (caused by myself)

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
They place it with a machine in the Apple Store. I'm quite OCD about my phone and can't stand any crooked placed protectors. That's why I choose for the Belkin. Not because I love it but it is always straight on my phone.

Both of the time I found it justified to get a new screen protector because of damages (caused by myself)

Most of them can be repositioned if you don't like it's placement. And with the price difference you can purchase a spare or two. Give them a try. Obviously re Belkins have proven to be inferior.

SVP

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Most of them can be repositioned if you don't like it's placement. And with the price difference you can purchase a spare or two. Give them a try. Obviously re Belkins have proven to be inferior.

SVP

Pass. I'd rather pay a little extra and not look back at it. If I wanted cheap anyway, I would have gotten an android device

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Only if it cracks or get scratched (never happened). The only time where I had to get another one was when I had my iPhone replaced by Apple. And I've had a tempered glass on every iPhones I owned

I don't remember the brand I use. I think it's Belkin.

Jeremyryan0298

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I can't walk out the store without a screen protector, I have a zagg glass and I really don't like it scratches show up to quick, for 40 dollars I expected more so guess back to bodyguards when it comes time

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same Spigen GLAS.tr on my Plus since shortly after buying the phone in November. Got like 5 or 7 extras but don't feel the need to replace it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2