Now that it's been a while, how have you adjusted?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When it was discovered that Apple removed the classic headphone port from their newest iPhones, a good deal of members openly voiced their disdain. Now that's it's been a while, I'm curious to know how many of you have gotten along without the headphone port? Has it been a difficult adjustment or a simple adjustment? Do you even miss the old headphone port?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still have mine (headphone port), but since picking up some AirPods it hasn't been an issue!

I'd like to think that anyone who primarily uses wireless headsets aren't all that affected, but that's just my personal opinion...:)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It bothers me a little because I used it in my car while charging but there are adapters for that. Turns out it's not that big of a deal. It's been 6 months and I have yet to buy the adapter. I use my AirPods the rest of the time so I wouldn't plug in headphones anyway.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't miss it one bit.
My AirPods made using earphones a joy, which wasn't the case with other (wired) headphones.
In the car I have a BT enabled car stereo so that's also not something to worry about for me.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Didn't really bother me at all. I use the adapter for wired. [if needed]

I think this is the best solution for most people. Just buy an adapter if you really need the port. I cant remember the last time i needed to listen to music and charge my phone. :) If having a headphone jack is REALLY that important, you can always pick up a iPhone 6s or even a Galaxy S8. Maybe on the iPhone 7s all these problems will be fixed. (wireless charging)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've adjusted somewhat. It's still a little annoying when I'm in a situation where my bluetooth headphones are out of battery and I left an adapter and/or the lightning ear buds someplace else. Would still rather have the headphone jack.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
This is my first iPhone in a long time and I thought that I would have been annoyed with not having the headphone jack since I was so used to it on my other phones but I don't miss it all all oddly enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77