Wireless charging?

iriusturar

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I found this iPhone 7 Qi Wireless Charging Adapter and I Have some questions. First, this is safe? It can destroy or faster drain battery life (lower mAh)? Second, it is compatible with other wireless docks? Third, it is worth? I am asking, beacause I can buy to this wireless Power bank. I can buy It or normal dock like this: iPhone Lightning Dock What should I get? Thanks for replies :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Viewing the company's FAQ section via its website should answer all of your question regarding that particular product. As for which should you get, I'm a fan of getting certain accessories from the makers of the device the accessories are for, but the choice is yours so do what you think is best. Take care.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't recommend any wireless charging accessories for iPhone. Until iPhone supports wireless charging natively I honestly don't trust it.

I think that, if you were to use a 'work around' wireless charger. Im sure it would work fine and charge the device as advertised but for long term reliability i wouldn't trust it. :) I also like to stick to what the OEM provides and don't normally add anything extra that isn't there.
@iriusturar, if there is any wireless charger out there that i trust, it would be from this guy. Maybe have a watch and see if you can order the parts. But remember this is at your own risk.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Wireless charging isn't worth it. Had it back years ago and used it but returned it. Didn't care for it much.

It's very slow so unless you plan on charging it while your at a desk or sleeping, it's not worth it. And it needs to be lined up or else you might wake up and the phone didn't charge at all.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging isn't worth it. Had it back years ago and used it but returned it. Didn't care for it much.

It's very slow so unless you plan on charging it while your at a desk or sleeping, it's not worth it. And it needs to be lined up or else you might wake up and the phone didn't charge at all.

It ain't slow if you have the right equipment. And with a charger with several coils you'd don't have to line it up perfectly. I have Tylt and it works great and I can place my phone as I wish - it always work. So I am looking forward to apple supporting wireless charging natively

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But is It worth?

Maybe, but I can't say for certain because none of us know your specific likes and dislikes. My car has built-in wireless charging but unfortunately, I don't have a device that I can use with it natively.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I use Belkin brick and it charges quicker than the brick that came with my iphone. Also the ipad brick can be used to charge your iphone quicker. I charge mine nightly so it isn't a problem with me. I come from Samsung and although mine was wireless charging, the brick I use for my iphone charges just as fast as the fast wireless I had when on Samsung and this is no lie.
I am also happier on Apple than I was on Android. This last issue was the final straw for me.

Torch4x4

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
In the past I was using wireless charging with a WP and with some Galaxy Androids and I loved that feature specially at work when I had to get up from my desk several times a day and on every return to my desk I just put my phone on the wireless charger not even looking at it, or not even noticing, that was charging!!

I used this feature with a wireless charging case with my iphone but had problems on weekends because I had to charge on my car or other places, I don't use wireless charging anymore but would be really good to have that feature as an alternative charging method on my iphone.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If you watch that posted video, plus if you try one of the mophie style (don't think mophie themselves make one) cases that support wireless charging, the main issue you have is that they block the charging/lightning port (so you can't sync or use lightning headphones) while the case or charging pad is plugged in. Additionally as you keep plugging and unplugging it wears out, mine lasted about 8 months before it broke and became just an ugly case. I'm with the others who are saying wait for native support!

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
is it possible i can charge my applewatch sport on wireless charger plate? because i just lost my applewatch sport charger magnetic, @ it was so expensive to buy another? please help me for this friend ' thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
is it possible i can charge my applewatch sport on wireless charger plate? because i just lost my applewatch sport charger magnetic, @ it was so expensive to buy another? please help me for this friend ' thanks

The Watch l wireless charger is based on the QI-standards, but has proprietary tech in it. Therefore it's not possible to use any other wireless charger for your Watch. You will have to get the official one or a MFi- certified charger instead.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2