Apple Silicone Case and AmazonBasics Slim Case side-by-side!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I received an AmazonBasics Slim Case as a Christmas stocking stuffer and immediately noticed how strikingly similar it is to my Apple Silicone cases. I decided to post some side-by-sides for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy and ask questions!

104528ad4a28dd1cda181622da9ae221.jpg

545bd6ac6251fcf1dbe65e398c8784c7.jpg
8ecc7c8da6291511fe602a0c86ff640b.jpg
1f67fc2de1220adfeec56decac000a1d.jpg
7115bc6b60b276f053eee3350ce3734a.jpg
d414dffbc959666e6d7665f0197eb737.jpg

The AmazonBasics case isn't quite as grippy as Apple's and feels slightly more plastic-y. Nonetheless, it's a great option if you want the look of an Apple Silicone Case at literally a fraction of the cost.

AmazonBasics Slim case is available for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and currently retails for $7.99 USD ($9.99 for black, for some reason). Find it here.

Apple's silicone cases are available for most of today's iPhones. Prices vary based on the device, but the ocean blue for iPhone 7 Plus pictured above currently costs $39.00 USD. It's available here.

Last edited:

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rob. I'd been wondering about the difference myself. The more important factor for me is the grip. Guess it will have to be the OEM case after all. At least I won't be second guessing myself!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rob. I'd been wondering about the difference myself. The more important factor for me is the grip. Guess it will have to be the OEM case after all. At least I won't be second guessing myself!

The OEM case is certainly grippier but I wouldn't consider the Amazon case slippery at all. It's actually one of the grippier cases I've owned.

Worst case, you're out $8 if you get an Amazon case and it don't like it.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The OEM case is certainly grippier but I wouldn't consider the Amazon case slippery at all. It's actually one of the grippier cases I've owned.

Worst case, you're out $8 if you get an Amazon case and it don't like it.

Well, there is the extra stuff I'd have to get at the same time to qualify for the free shipping -- so it probably balances out. Lol.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is the extra stuff I'd have to get at the same time to qualify for the free shipping -- so it probably balances out. Lol.

Yeah but you'd get a case as well as some other cool stuff. I forget there are still people out there who don't have Amazon Prime.

I never compared the Amazon basics slim case to the silicone, it's a nice comparison.

Very similar in form and function. I haven't done any drop tests but I wouldn't trust either of them in that instance!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rob. Been looking at the Amazon Basics case for a little while but haven't pulled the trigger on it. But, like Spencerdl, there's just something about that Apple logo lol

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rob. Been looking at the Amazon Basics case for a little while but haven't pulled the trigger on it. But, like Spencerdl, there's just something about that Apple logo lol

No problem, buddy. Go for it. It's $8. I've actually been using my Amazon case more than my Apple cases lately. ...mostly because the red case is HOT with my black iPhone. But still, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Oh, and I get ZERO lint on the Amazon case.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It's one of those choices

Grip on the Apple but it also collects lint.
Less grip on the Amazon but doesn't collect lint.

I will be picking up a few of the Amazon. Can't decide on color so I might as well just pick up the ones I want. Black, navy, red, and white.