AmazonBasics Triple Case Review

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
People were curious, and how could I pass up the opportunity to buy three cases for the cost of, or cheaper than, one brand name case. So without further ado, the triple review.

The Clear Case
Pros:
  • It?s clear, really clear
  • Buttons are fairly tactile
  • Soft rubber/TPU

Cons:
  • Will probably yellow in time
  • Minimal screen lip
  • Will show scratches

Thoughts:
So you want a clear case? A really clear case? Like, completely clear everywhere? Don?t mind the case barely protecting your screen when you place it face down? Great, for $9 it?s nearly impossible to beat Amazon here. It?s simple, and elegant in it?s simplicity, it?s all around clear case with zero branding of any kind, and the rubber/TPU material gives just enough grip to be really comfortable in the hand. It will not slide around at all. What more can you ask from a $9 case?

The Slim Case
Pros:
  • Soft leather feel
  • Felt interior
  • Minimal branding

Cons:
  • Non metallic buttons
  • Minimal screen lip
  • Buttons are a little stiff

Thoughts:
There?s not a lot to say here, it?s Amazon?s version of the Apple Leather Case. The only difference is there is no Apple logo on the back, and the buttons aren?t metallic, they are the same faux leather as the rest of the case, just as Apple?s cases used to be. It?s the same open bottom design as Apple?s cases as well. So if you?re looking if the Apple Leather case experience, don?t want to drop $50, and are okay with the stiff faux leather buttons, it?s hard to beat Amazon?s $10 Slim Case option, it?s even easier to put on than Apple?s case.

The Dual Layer Case
Pros:
  • Thin
  • Lightweight
  • Adds Grip

Cons:
  • No screen lip
  • Buttons are a little stiff
  • Back is slick

Thoughts:
For $13 it?s really hard to beat this case. If you want to add just a little grip in the area you need grip the most, this is a great case. All the cutouts are great, even the mute switch cutout is great despite being smaller than some other cases, and the lightning cutout is wide enough to allow any third party cable and even docking. While this is a dual layer case, there is no need to bother separating the two layers as the phone goes in and out of the case with ease. Although the back of case is slick, it won?t slide around nearly as much as other slick cases, and you won?t even notice it. The only real deal breaker for some is that offers no front screen protection, so if you lay your phone face down, it?s going to be on it?s face, on the screen.

Final Thoughts:
The slim case is the only case that has any branding whatsoever, and that is hidden by the phone on the inside of the case. For what these cases are, compared to competitors, in the same caliber of looks over protection, I would have absolutely no problem recommending these cases to people looking to add a little flare and basic drop protection to their phones. Putting these cases on and taking them off it?s a breeze, they hug the phone snugly and offer no fight in removal. They are simply amazing for the price, even better with free two day shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Did I mention it's only $32 for all three cases?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the review! I've always liked Amazon Basics stuff and have recently been intrigued by their iPhone cases. I might just have to pick one up now!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review! I've always liked Amazon Basics stuff and have recently been intrigued by their iPhone cases. I might just have to pick one up now!

They are quite good for the price, solidly built cases. I did notice the silicone portion of the dual layer case likes to bunch up on a charging cable. That's the only minor thing I've noticed and it's easy to hold it out of the way of the cable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2