'The Hoodie' by SCOTTeVEST Review!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The Hoodie by SCOTTeVEST​

Have you ever been away from home, fumbling your devices around in your hands and thought ?I really wish I could fit all of this stuff in my pockets?? I have! But options have been limited, that is, until I got my hands on The Hoodie by SCOTTeVEST. Not only will this bad boy hold my iPad Mini, but it easily stores a whole lot more.

About SCOTTeVEST

SCOTTeVEST brands itself as a maker of smart clothing, providing quick and convenient access to your devices and belongings at any time. The company was named after its founder, Scott Jordan, and its first product, the eVest. Today, SCOTTeVEST makes a catalogue of products for men and women ranging from vests, jackets, hoodies, pants and shirts. ?Smart clothing? refers to how they integrate a series of pockets, compartments, and even headphone cable channels into what would normally be just a normal piece of clothing. If you?re looking for a solution to the ?How am I going to carry all of my stuff?? problem, SCOTTeVEST has your back?and your stuff?covered (no pun intended).

It?s a hoodie!

Two arm holes, one neck hole, and a hood?Yep, it?s a hoodie, and a very nice one at that. I received the eclipse grey hoodie with a maroon zipper and maroon pulls. It?s made from high quality cotton and is very comfortable to wear. There are two front pockets that are visible to the outside world but everything else is hidden. The Hoodie?s sports an impressive build quality and highlights SCOTTeVEST?s attention to detail. For instance, the brand logo embroidered on the left sleeve is done in the same color maroon color seen in the zipper and pulls.

4.jpg

The Hoodie fits as expected. To preface this claim, I should tell you that I am not a small guy; I?m tall and I like pizza. I often find that hoodies aren?t long enough for my frame or my arms, yet I didn?t experience this problem with The Hoodie. It fit comfortably, even after I packed it with all of my gear.

Just as a hoodie, this thing stands on its own. I was already a fan even before I knew what secrets lay beneath The Hoodie?s surface. There?s some 007-level stuff going on in there.

It has pockets?LOTS of pockets!

This is truly what separates The Hoodie from the millions of other hooded sweatshirts out there. The Hoodie has 10 (TEN!) pockets, all designed to serve the various needs of techies on the go. The two interior chest pockets are huge and are held closed by magnetic enclosures. The front hand pockets are divided into three separate compartments each, with one additional pocket accessible from outside of The Hoodie on each side and enclosed by a small plastic snaps. Running from the left hand warmer pocket all the way up to the hood is a series of slots creating a convenient channel for headphones. There are even loops located on both sides near the neck to hold your earphones in place. The sleeves even have thumb holes to keep the sleeves from riding up as you're adding layers during the winter months. There are so many storage options inside of The Hoodie. Each time I thought I had found anything I?d find yet another pocket!

3.jpg

Road trip!

In theory, The Hoodie sounds awesome. But how does it hold up in the real world? Well, there?s only one way to find out! I grabbed a bunch of items we techies don?t leave the home without (Who doesn?t own a Lightning cable keychain?) and gave it a go. I set out to a local mall?it?s July so walking outdoors with a hoodie isn?t the best idea?and spent some quality time with The Hoodie.

2.jpg

It held up remarkably well! My gear added considerable weight but didn?t look bulky. My phablet iPhone 6s Plus was perfectly comfortable in the left chest pocket. Later it ended up finding a home in the lower left hand warmer so I could use my most used device without unzipping The Hoodie or digging through the deep inside chest pockets. Good news: There are slots on the inside of both pockets to run headphone cables. When I needed my phone, I slid it out of the pocket with my earbuds still attached, did what I needed to do, and the slid it right back in. My iPad Mini just barely fit in the right chest pocket so if you?re hoping to get your iPad Pro in there you?re out of luck. That being said, I fit AN IPAD in a hoodie pocket, even if it was a Mini. Everything, including my car keys and spare change, stayed put as I slipped The Hoodie on and off during regular use thanks to its spill resistant pocket design.

1.jpg

The rundown!

SCOTTeVEST markets to the fashion-sensitive techie on the go who is willing to pay a bit of a premium for their sophisticated design along with the added convenience that their products offer. As such, their prices are a bit high. The Hoodie MSRP?s for $110 although, as of the date of this writing, they have it listed for $80. In the end, it all comes down to how much you?re willing to spend on a piece of clothing and how much value you find in being able to leave your bag behind and carry your gear with you when you leave the house. If you?re budget sensitive, The Hoodie probably isn?t the product for you. If you're down with paying a little more for style and convenience, give The Hoodie a try. You?ll be happy you did!

PROS
Great design
Pockets galore!
Comfortable

CONS
Price

Check out SCOTTeVEST's entire line of smart clothing at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt....com%2Findex_first_visit.shtml&token=mxjgwT7r.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox