Best wireless headphones

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What wireless over the ear headphones does everyone use? I am just starting to research so I can purchase a pair. In-ear headphones hurt my ears too much so I am looking to purchase something for over the ear!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
What wireless over the ear headphones does everyone use? I am just starting to research so I can purchase a pair. In-ear headphones hurt my ears too much so I am looking to purchase something for over the ear!

I am not sure what you are looking to spend, but when I was recently looking at them, Bose had some of the best one to offer. But my suggestion would be to go somewhere like BestBuy and try them all on. Every individual hears thing differently, so what may sound good to me, may not be good for you. And highest price does not always make them the best. But the higher priced ones tend to have better build quality and in some cases better sound quality.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have some Skullcandy Hesh 2 I got from Best Buy and they're not bad. Cheaper than the Bose if you want to give them a shot.

I am intrigued by the new Bose noise cancelling wireless ones though...

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had more headphones that I should admit to, however I've rather loved my Bose SoundLink? on-ear headphones (bluetooth). They are "on ear" headphones, but they are just so comfortable and work super well.

Bose have recently released the QC35, and as an owner of the QC25's that I use for flights (my work allows me travel quite a bit) I can certainly recommend the noise cancelling and comfort of these headphones. I can only imagine that the QF35 wireless version is wonderful.

One thing to consider, if you are using non apple hardware that supports different codecs (i.e. aptX) might be of interest, however I largely live in an Apple world so of no use to me.

Things to consider with wireless headphones:

1 - If you use multi devices (iPhone & iPad) make sure you chose a product that support multiple connections to avoid complicated switching
2 - Make sure that the switch to turn them off and on won't accidentally turn on in your bag, rendering your batteries flat
3 - Make sure they have the ability to plug a wire in, just in case an airline doesn't allow bluetooth wifi or your batteries go flat 30 minutes into a 5 hour flight
4 - Headphones are (in my experience) more likely to fail than most of my tech, purchase locally via a reputable vendor (I purchased some Klipsh bluetooth headphones from Amazon USA and shipped to Australia, not a great idea when they broke after 3 months)
5 - Try them all on, use them all, ask many people & take advantage of any no questions returns periods if your headphones don't do what you want

Also many Bluetooth headphones sound great because of EQ changes, where they change the music to suit the headphone capabilities. Not a big issue for most of us, however if the sound is a bit too good and you can head something a bit odd, this is likely what you are hearing.

Good luck!