Need a good Weather/Rain Proof Backpack

cbntmaker

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My daughters in college, which involves lots of walking around campus. She's in need of a new backpack for her 15.6" laptop (trying to talk her into a MacBook, but she hasn't been convinced yet) books, and various electronics.

I want to get one that's weather and rain proof, to avoid damaging the contents. I have done a search, and there are lots of backpacks that claim to be weather/rain proof. Sealed zippers, welded seams, and flaps over zippers, etc.

However, nothing beats actual real world experience, so I'm asking for any recommendations anyone might have out there.

Thanks

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've seen some on there with a system like one of my camera bags. It has a poncho of sorts tucked into a bottom pocket.... just unzip and pull the poncho over the bag. When you're done, wipe it dry (so it doesn't mold/mildew) and roll it back up into the pocket.

I like eBags and/or Amazon. I'll see if I can find some, but I found a few when looking for bags for my MacBook Pro. They also had some with iPad pockets/sleeves in them. Check both of those sites out and check the reviews.

edit: here's one: High Sierra Access Backpack - FREE SHIPPING - eBags.com Reviews say it fits 15" MBP easily, so yours should fit.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I keep my iPad...I mean...MacBook in a nice messenger bag. I've never had an issue with it getting wet.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A few years ago, I would keep one or two plastic grocery bags in my messenger bag; if I was going to have to walk across campus in a deluge, I'd just loosely wrap my laptop in that for extra coverage. It worked well but was awkward! Now I keep my iPad in a neoprene case inside my messenger bag!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2