Anyone recommend a tempered glass screen protector for 5SE?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have bought cheaper ones and more expensive ones, the cheaper ones are really not bad. IPhone SE is flat and they all will fit well on it. I have bought mine on eBay and when I order cheap ones I buy several of then.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I usually buy 2-3 on Amazon for $5. When I got my SE, all I had left was a privacy screen (tinted) and I didn't like it so I went to Best Buy and bought a Zagg for $40 (ouch!!) because I couldn't wait and didn't want to use the phone without a screen protector.

Like posted above, the cheap eBay and Amazon glass screen protectors work just fine on the SE.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I usually buy 2-3 on Amazon for $5. When I got my SE, all I had left was a privacy screen (tinted) and I didn't like it so I went to Best Buy and bought a Zagg for $40 (ouch!!) because I couldn't wait and didn't want to use the phone without a screen protector.

Like posted above, the cheap eBay and Amazon glass screen protectors work just fine on the SE.

Yep, cheap seems to be the way to go over time either Zagg or cheap ones will chip and/or crack. Zagg while offering "lifetime replacement" still charges $5 per replacement. So you're better off getting a cheap on with 9H protection and buying a few to replace at your leisure vs waiting for a replacement to show up

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yep, cheap seems to be the way to go over time either Zagg or cheap ones will chip and/or crack. Zagg while offering "lifetime replacement" still charges $5 per replacement. So you're better off getting a cheap on with 9H protection and buying a few to replace at your leisure vs waiting for a replacement to show up

Exactly!

Usually when I buy a phone case (I'm a case hoarder), I'll throw a glass screen protector in my cart as well for whichever phone I'm using at the time.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I never had a glass screen protector to chip or crack, honestly...
The only time it happened, it was to protect my iPhone 's display from an impact with the metallic part of a bag: the screen protector cracked and saved my brand new iPhone 5S.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I've never had a screen protector crack.

However, with the cheaper glass screen protectors, keys and change will chip around the edges of you're running with no case.

This is why I always try to have a couple of the cheap glass screen protectors laying around.

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Where I live we have a store called Five Below (not sure where all they have stores) but they sell tempered glass screen protectors for the 5/5S/SE, 6 & 6 Plus for $5. They have clear, privacy/tinted, and then ones that are a combination of tempered glass with colored aluminum to match the phone (Silver, Black, & Gold). I've been using them for several months (tired the different kinds) and they work great & have saved my phone on more than one occasion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2