Rhino Shield

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a protective case for my iPhone 6S Plus, and have decided to go with either the Rhino Shield Crash Guard/Play Proof.

Any ideas on which one is better? I've heard that the back of the Play Proof is very slippery.

I do love how they both look. And for the Crash Guard, is it a must to use the plastic screen protector for the back? And does the plastic screen protector that comes with the bundle option feels good (like glass)? Or slippery?

Currently rocking the Apple Leather case.

Thank you :)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a protective case for my iPhone 6S Plus, and have decided to go with either the Rhino Shield Crash Guard/Play Proof.

Any ideas on which one is better? I've heard that the back of the Play Proof is very slippery.

I do love how they both look. And for the Crash Guard, is it a must to use the plastic screen protector for the back? And does the plastic screen protector that comes with the bundle option feels good (like glass)? Or slippery?

Currently rocking the Apple Leather case.

Thank you :)

It's not a screen protector, per se, it's a protective shield. It's not necessary unless you want the back of your iPhone protected. I believe it's a glass, I didn't find it to feel slippery at all. The front protector, is also glass, it's just a really strong glass that will protect your phone. Last year I bought a Rhino Shield with the Crash Guard, the Play Proof hadn't been released yet. In fact, I just put the Crash Guard back on my phone, though I don't have the Rhino Shield protectors anymore. I also haven't tried the Play Proof so I can't say anything about how slippery it may be.

kingston73

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I know this was from a couple months ago but if you haven't bought any thing yet, that last post was just wrong. The rhino shield isn't glas, it's a plastic screen protector that is much,much stronger than glass but not as nice feeling. The only real drawback is it gets fingerprints much easier than glass.

The two cases are both nice but I've been using the crash guard more lately. It's slippery at first but if you use it for a couple weeks it loses the slippery feeling, I think maybe there's a thin plastic layer from the manufacturing process that wears off maybe?

CR4V3

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I liked my crash guard until I noticed it was getting filthy after a week of use. Same deal with the playproof.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll