Should I get the Silicone or a Leather case?

I

iMore Question

Torn between Silicone or a Leather case

I bought 6s phone, I dont know which case to choose - silicone or leather.
Which one feels good in the hand, and suit for silver phone? (in the store, all the cases sealed in the box, We dont have "apple store" in my country)
I wonder maybe white silicone (looks nice but attract lint, some say is slippery?) Or leather?
What's the best color combination for silver iphone?
please help, any advice welcome

Jennnt

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Torn between Silicone or a Leather case

I think the blue leather.
the silicone attract every piece of dust and lint from my bag/pocket

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Torn between Silicone or a Leather case

Welcome to iMore! I own and like them both. The silicone provides slightly better protection because it's rubbery, but the quality of the leather is phenomenal IMHO. The silicone does attract some lint but it wipes off pretty easily. I like the look of the leather over the silicone though, and the blue and saddle brown cases both look great on my silver 6s Plus. Here's a few photos of my saddle brown case, just to give you an idea:

cbe259ed695f3bb22b0e4e1b7ceff328.jpg

54fd09fe7d14edde249487c01bed0e38.jpg

Gold Max

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I would like to suggest you to buy leather case. I bought one few weeks ago, cause I decided to take good care of my phone. I was thinking the exact question before buying my case. And I chose leather case cause it looks better, feels better, and makes me look fashionable. If you a looking for leather case, Apple's leather case is good, also look at Spigen, Designskin, and Java. Hope you can buy a case you like!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Leather & I happen to LOVE the way the saddle brown looks when it's worn. It has so much character

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have the leather and silicone. I prefer the silicone and I love how the buttons are much more responsive with the silicone. But really, it's all about individual preference.

NoviMajster

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Can someone in this thread help me?
I can t find any information about my particular concern....
Has anyone tried to use the original Apple silicone or Leather case with a skin on the phone? Like the Skinomi TechSkin? Will it fit?
With a iphone 6S plus....

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the original Apple silicone or Leather case with a skin on the phone? Like the Skinomi TechSkin? Will it fit?

Skin on the whole phone or just the screen. No problem on the screen. If it's a full body it's a tight fit so I would bet there's some issues but I can't say for sure.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Got a silicone for my 6 a year back, loved it. Tried the leather and bought it for my 6S+, it's a game changer. Leather ftw all day every day.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

I have used 4s, 5, 5s, 6, and now 6s with zagg invisible shield front and back and all types of cases. Never had issue with fit, peeling or anything. It is all about how you put them on. Also using tech 21 impact shield anti glare screen on one of our phones. I actually love that one even more.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I have both the silicone and the leather. Honestly- super honest here- I prefer the leather. I have the saddle brown and I absolutely adore it with my Rose gold iPhone. I like the silicone cases too- I love  cases the best of all the cases I've tried (and returned). But the leather for me is the best. I love the way it looks and feels! It's just super premium in the hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2