Hey Y'all,

I'm looking to get some feed back to see what kind of brands y'all are using for iPhone charging cables? I am looking to buy some more in addition to the ones I am currently using. I use a 6' Reversible USB Slim Cable from Charge Slim and a 6" Belkin Cable.

I have heard good and bad things about mono however I am not sure what to believe because it has been an even split.
    11-15-2015 09:43 PM
    Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

1. Apple OEM cables, of course
    2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.
    11-15-2015 10:13 PM
    Always relied on Apple cables but took a chance when colleague purchased one from Best Buy..... Took a chance and haven't been sorry... Cable a lot beefier than Apple version. No problems to date, Apple certified.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	98393
    11-16-2015 05:35 PM
    I just bought a charge slim cable - I can't believe I never had a reversible USB before - I am never going back to basic USB plugs. Why don't you get another slim cable?
    11-17-2015 08:42 PM
    I like the 10' MFi certified lightning cable by Monoprice. It's been great. 10 bucks is a good deal. They were $22.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447861617.804166.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	98548
    11-18-2015 09:47 AM
    I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.
    11-18-2015 10:30 AM
    I have an Omaker cable that I'm using right now that seems to be okay, don' know what it cost , but not too much knowing me ! all the cheapest cables seem to come loose inside the cable to idevice connection , all the apple cables seem to fray. Ah.. but .. I do have an apple cable that came with an early Nano that is still fine ( the kind that locks in) Get one that looks to have been assembled properly.
    11-18-2015 10:33 AM
    The only non-Apple cable that I have is a 10' Zerolemon cable that I use when I travel. It might be time to invest in others though as the usual fray near the Lightning connector is beginning to happen on my existing Apple cables.
    11-18-2015 05:16 PM
    Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

1. Apple OEM cables, of course
    2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.

Apple OEM cables are horrible imo. They are priced high and I go through them yearly. I am currently using an Anker braided 6 foot cable and it works great and half the price of Apple's 2 meter cable

JML5150 likes this.
    11-18-2015 09:25 PM
    I missed the deal of the day from imore for Apple cable for $10 (I think).

Just curious if anyone can recommend the cheapest certified cable? Need to buy a couple of them.

Thanks.
    11-22-2015 03:10 PM
    I missed the deal of the day from imore for Apple cable for $10 (I think).

Just curious if anyone can recommend the cheapest certified cable? Need to buy a couple of them.

Thanks.

Anker makes good ones.
    11-22-2015 04:47 PM
    I like the 10' MFi certified lightning cable by Monoprice. It's been great. 10 bucks is a good deal. They were $22.
    Might have to try these but 10' is long. Will check if they have shorter lengths.
    11-22-2015 05:21 PM
    I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.
    how do you verify if it's genuine or not? Thanks.
    11-22-2015 09:30 PM
    how do you verify if it's genuine or not? Thanks.
    A genuine cable will have the MFi logo displayed on its packaging.
    11-22-2015 09:55 PM
    A genuine cable will have the MFi logo displayed on its packaging.
    http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...37deb04c3d.jpg
    Thanks, is that the only way? packaging can be altered to be fake as well.
    11-22-2015 11:03 PM
    Thanks, is that the only way? packaging can be altered to be fake as well.
    I'm not aware of another way. I haven't seen a "master list" of cable manufacturers or anything. My advice is go with what you know and use common sense. Buy a brand you've heard of before. Read reviews. If you pay $2 for a cable you're going to get a $2 cable.
    11-23-2015 05:19 AM
    this is the best cable ever - XtremeMac ( look on amazon)

griffin also great and cheaper
    12-14-2015 07:44 AM
    I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.
    12-16-2015 08:35 PM
    I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.

I rather spend $10 for a good cable and not buy a new one for a while vs keep spending $1....
    w00cash1020 and ladyc0524 like this.
    12-17-2015 05:58 PM
    I use Anker PowerLines, love em! And looks great as well.
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-23-2015 12:09 PM
    I use Anker PowerLines, love em! And looks great as well.
    I love Anker. I have a one foot Powerline cable, a 3 foot nylon cable,a 6 foot nylon braided cable and a powerline 10 foot cable a day they work just as good as Apple OEM cables but last longer.
    12-24-2015 08:35 PM
    I love Anker. I have a one foot Powerline cable, a 3 foot nylon cable,a 6 foot nylon braided cable and a powerline 10 foot cable a day they work just as good as Apple OEM cables but last longer.
    I love the Space Gray PowerLine to match with my Space Gray 6S+

You should check out their PowerPort and PowerCore+
    12-24-2015 08:45 PM
    I love the Space Gray PowerLine to match with my Space Gray 6S+

You should check out their PowerPort and PowerCore+
    I get stuff to review for free and I have one of there power core battery packs. It is a 13,000 battery pack but apparently it doesn't charge my iPad
    12-24-2015 09:10 PM
    Good to hear reviews on these cables. I just realized one of my chargers is starting to split so I was looking on Amazon for a new one but I'm never sure what brand to buy. I'm thinking I definitely want a braided cord, they seem to last longer than just plastic or rubber. Anker seems to be a good one, plus they have cool colors!
    Closingracer likes this.
    01-10-2016 01:21 PM
    Good to hear reviews on these cables. I just realized one of my chargers is starting to split so I was looking on Amazon for a new one but I'm never sure what brand to buy. I'm thinking I definitely want a braided cord, they seem to last longer than just plastic or rubber. Anker seems to be a good one, plus they have cool colors!
    I bought myself a couple of the PowerLine Lightning in Space Grey, they match my Space Grey iPhone and definitely looks cooler than the normal white cable given by Apple.
    Closingracer likes this.
    01-16-2016 05:49 PM
36 12