Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    TheRealGino's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Good iPhone Cables?

    Hey Y'all,

    I'm looking to get some feed back to see what kind of brands y'all are using for iPhone charging cables? I am looking to buy some more in addition to the ones I am currently using. I use a 6' Reversible USB Slim Cable from Charge Slim and a 6" Belkin Cable.

    I have heard good and bad things about mono however I am not sure what to believe because it has been an even split.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

    1. Apple OEM cables, of course
    2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

    On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.
  3. #3  
    JSCZEB's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Always relied on Apple cables but took a chance when colleague purchased one from Best Buy..... Took a chance and haven't been sorry... Cable a lot beefier than Apple version. No problems to date, Apple certified.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	98393
  4. #4  
    brandboostnow's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I just bought a charge slim cable - I can't believe I never had a reversible USB before - I am never going back to basic USB plugs. Why don't you get another slim cable?
  5. #5  

    Default Good iPhone Cables?

    I like the 10' MFi certified lightning cable by Monoprice. It's been great. 10 bucks is a good deal. They were $22.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447861617.804166.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	98548
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

    Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.
  7. #7  
    Wotchered's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    563 Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I have an Omaker cable that I'm using right now that seems to be okay, don' know what it cost , but not too much knowing me ! all the cheapest cables seem to come loose inside the cable to idevice connection , all the apple cables seem to fray. Ah.. but .. I do have an apple cable that came with an early Nano that is still fine ( the kind that locks in) Get one that looks to have been assembled properly.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    The only non-Apple cable that I have is a 10' Zerolemon cable that I use when I travel. It might be time to invest in others though as the usual fray near the Lightning connector is beginning to happen on my existing Apple cables.
  9. #9  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

    Default Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

    1. Apple OEM cables, of course
    2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

    On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.



    Apple OEM cables are horrible imo. They are priced high and I go through them yearly. I am currently using an Anker braided 6 foot cable and it works great and half the price of Apple's 2 meter cable


    JML5150 likes this.
  10. #10  
    gameson's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I missed the deal of the day from imore for Apple cable for $10 (I think).

    Just curious if anyone can recommend the cheapest certified cable? Need to buy a couple of them.

    Thanks.
  11. #11  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    I missed the deal of the day from imore for Apple cable for $10 (I think).

    Just curious if anyone can recommend the cheapest certified cable? Need to buy a couple of them.

    Thanks.


    Anker makes good ones.
  12. #12  

    Default Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I like the 10' MFi certified lightning cable by Monoprice. It's been great. 10 bucks is a good deal. They were $22.
    Might have to try these but 10' is long. Will check if they have shorter lengths.
  13. #13  
    gameson's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by firedept10 View Post
    I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

    Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.
    how do you verify if it's genuine or not? Thanks.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    how do you verify if it's genuine or not? Thanks.
    A genuine cable will have the MFi logo displayed on its packaging.
  15. #15  
    gameson's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    A genuine cable will have the MFi logo displayed on its packaging.
    http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11...37deb04c3d.jpg
    Thanks, is that the only way? packaging can be altered to be fake as well.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    Thanks, is that the only way? packaging can be altered to be fake as well.
    I'm not aware of another way. I haven't seen a "master list" of cable manufacturers or anything. My advice is go with what you know and use common sense. Buy a brand you've heard of before. Read reviews. If you pay $2 for a cable you're going to get a $2 cable.
  17. #17  
    ranan90's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    this is the best cable ever - XtremeMac ( look on amazon)

    griffin also great and cheaper
  18. #18  
    Q115115's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.
  19. #19  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Q115115 View Post
    I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.


    I rather spend $10 for a good cable and not buy a new one for a while vs keep spending $1....
    w00cash1020 and ladyc0524 like this.
  20. #20  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    I use Anker PowerLines, love em! And looks great as well.
    Closingracer likes this.
  21. #21  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    I use Anker PowerLines, love em! And looks great as well.
    I love Anker. I have a one foot Powerline cable, a 3 foot nylon cable,a 6 foot nylon braided cable and a powerline 10 foot cable a day they work just as good as Apple OEM cables but last longer.
  22. #22  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I love Anker. I have a one foot Powerline cable, a 3 foot nylon cable,a 6 foot nylon braided cable and a powerline 10 foot cable a day they work just as good as Apple OEM cables but last longer.
    I love the Space Gray PowerLine to match with my Space Gray 6S+

    You should check out their PowerPort and PowerCore+
  23. #23  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,616 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOne View Post
    I love the Space Gray PowerLine to match with my Space Gray 6S+

    You should check out their PowerPort and PowerCore+
    I get stuff to review for free and I have one of there power core battery packs. It is a 13,000 battery pack but apparently it doesn't charge my iPad
  24. #24  
    lkveggie's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Good to hear reviews on these cables. I just realized one of my chargers is starting to split so I was looking on Amazon for a new one but I'm never sure what brand to buy. I'm thinking I definitely want a braided cord, they seem to last longer than just plastic or rubber. Anker seems to be a good one, plus they have cool colors!
    Closingracer likes this.
  25. #25  
    TripleOne's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

    Default Re: Good iPhone Cables?

    Quote Originally Posted by lkveggie View Post
    Good to hear reviews on these cables. I just realized one of my chargers is starting to split so I was looking on Amazon for a new one but I'm never sure what brand to buy. I'm thinking I definitely want a braided cord, they seem to last longer than just plastic or rubber. Anker seems to be a good one, plus they have cool colors!
    I bought myself a couple of the PowerLine Lightning in Space Grey, they match my Space Grey iPhone and definitely looks cooler than the normal white cable given by Apple.
    Closingracer likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good app to push notification breaking news?
    By reese2147 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2015, 07:43 PM
  2. iPhone 6s Plus size?
    By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 11:11 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 09:02 PM
  4. How can I stay logged-in with Safari on my iPhone 6s?
    By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 08:51 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions