Good iPhone Cables?

TheRealGino

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking to get some feed back to see what kind of brands y'all are using for iPhone charging cables? I am looking to buy some more in addition to the ones I am currently using. I use a 6' Reversible USB Slim Cable from Charge Slim and a 6" Belkin Cable.

I have heard good and bad things about mono however I am not sure what to believe because it has been an even split.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

1. Apple OEM cables, of course :)
2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.

JSCZEB

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Always relied on Apple cables but took a chance when colleague purchased one from Best Buy..... Took a chance and haven't been sorry... Cable a lot beefier than Apple version. No problems to date, Apple certified.

image.jpeg

brandboostnow

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a charge slim cable - I can't believe I never had a reversible USB before - I am never going back to basic USB plugs. Why don't you get another slim cable?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an Omaker cable that I'm using right now that seems to be okay, don' know what it cost , but not too much knowing me ! all the cheapest cables seem to come loose inside the cable to idevice connection , all the apple cables seem to fray. Ah.. but .. I do have an apple cable that came with an early Nano that is still fine ( the kind that locks in) Get one that looks to have been assembled properly.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The only non-Apple cable that I have is a 10' Zerolemon cable that I use when I travel. It might be time to invest in others though as the usual fray near the Lightning connector is beginning to happen on my existing Apple cables.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! There are a few aftermarket cables that have been tried and true for me:

1. Apple OEM cables, of course :)
2. K-ble braided lightning cables. K-ble has information but there are some other online retailers that offer them at cheaper prices. They're MFi certified and made from a strong braided material.

On a side note, I do not recommend Amazon Basics lightning cables. I have a few other cables and connectors from them that have been great but have had nothing but problems with Amazon's. The connectors are obnoxiously huge and I've had two where the wire separated from the connector.

Apple OEM cables are horrible imo. They are priced high and I go through them yearly. I am currently using an Anker braided 6 foot cable and it works great and half the price of Apple's 2 meter cable

ca1e15c5343a6e324692d1d3c684f107.jpg

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I missed the deal of the day from imore for Apple cable for $10 (I think).

Just curious if anyone can recommend the cheapest certified cable? Need to buy a couple of them.

Thanks.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I use only Genuine Apple accessories. Here is a seller (dmi_accessories) on Ebay that has the Genuine Apple lightning cables for sale. I have used them and have been able to authenticate they are the real thing. I usually buy his lots of 5 cables at a time which reduces the cost down to $10 per cable. I have used the cables without any problems.

Many fakes ones out there, so be careful.

how do you verify if it's genuine or not? Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, is that the only way? packaging can be altered to be fake as well.

I'm not aware of another way. I haven't seen a "master list" of cable manufacturers or anything. My advice is go with what you know and use common sense. Buy a brand you've heard of before. Read reviews. If you pay $2 for a cable you're going to get a $2 cable.

Q115115

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I typically just go on eBay and buy it for $0.99 each, yes it's a piece of crap, but I usually buy 3 at a time, so it comes out to still be cheaper in the long run.

I rather spend $10 for a good cable and not buy a new one for a while vs keep spending $1....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR