Replace silicone case to leather ?

I

iMore Question

I got a silicone case for a gift, still sealed in the box
i had the white silicone from last year and it attract lint and fibers ... dust
need to wipe it off all the time, Is the new silicone also like this? {a "magnet" lint}

should I replace it for the leather? i saw that the leather wears and get scratches ...

thought maybe to change to saddle brown, is this combo looks good on silver phone?

thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I've owned both cases in the past. I liked my silicone case a lot but, as you mentioned, it was a lint magnet. That being said, I LOVE my leather case. It's vulnerable to wear and scratches just like anything made out of leather but I find that it builds character and uniqueness over time.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah had a silicone case for my 6 last year. Got it before class one day and took it back after class. Leather all the way!

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both. Use them for different reasons. Silicone for when I'm running bc I've sweated through my clothes and gotten my leather one damp before. Leather just looks classic and nice.

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
YUP! definitely change you change into leather! there are bunch of nice leather case in the shop! leather cases are way better than silicon cases. leather cases have space to put credit cards or case according to different style, but most silicon cases are just for bumper function. JUst go for it! if you don't mind the price, java is really good. spigen and designskin also have leather cases. leather cases are usually costs more than double of the silicon cases, but i think it really is worth to use leather case. you'll know what i mean after you use leather case!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen