Do the new silicone Cases attract lint?

I

iMore Question

The new silicone Cases

someone can tell me if the new silicone case attract lint like the case from last year ?

WHICH is better the silicone or leather? (I'm debating between white silicone to saddle brown leather)
thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: The new silicone Cases

Silicone is silicone so if it attracted lint last year, assume it'll do the same this year. As for which is better between silicone and leather, that will depend on your likes and needs. Personally, I prefer leather.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

I've had the leather case on my iPhone 6 which lasted well. It did wear and didn't look new for long but I liked the aged look. It was the black case so didn't suffer from staining or if it did you never saw it!

I've now got the silicon case on my 6 plus. Obviously I've not had it long so can really comment on the wearability but I haven't had much of an issue with lint. I went for the antique white color which works well with the silver/white iPhone.

I think it may look dirty eventually but hope it can clean with some soapy water or similar?

I've experienced the lint attracting silicone with cheap cases and they are a nightmare to keep clean. This case is not like that.

Hope this helps!

mikoo11

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes - The silicone cases attract lint and dust , u need to wipe it off. IDK, something feels weird in that material after few weeks. the case is just SO slippery you can not hold it with one hand it just slides slowly down your hand

Leather feels more premium and classy

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes it attracts lint. I just blow it off when it happens. Feels fine to me. I like the leather too but right now I'm using the silicone. I'm sure I'll switch back to leather at some point as well.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

The silicone case attracts "grime" more than obvious dust and lint like typical silicone cases.

The more you break it in the more slimey and odd it feels. And as someone mentions above, the slipperiness combined with the weight I'd the phone make it slide down through your grip. It's really odd. I returned mine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711