Will iPhone 6s cases be available earlier than iPhone 6s on Amazon?

LucyWilliams

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm just curious about it! Will Apple leaks some size details to those manufacturers? Will the iPhone 6s cases be available earlier than the iPhone 6s itself on Amazon? The day is approaching and I'm excited and anticipate it. I guess in the middle of August a large number of iPhone 6s will be ready to Apple's retail stores.

What do you guys think about it? I'm all ears.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, case makers get device specs ahead of device releases... But they(case makers) typically don't/can't release them before the devices hit the street.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Apple will be "working" with certain manufactures regarding new cases. However, I'm not confident any cases will be available much sooner than the phone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As the new 6s is exact the same like the old 6, you already can buy cases for the 6s. 99% of the cases will fit exactly as the 'new' ones.

If the new 6s is different in measurement specs, that will only be a few 10ths of millimeters though.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
As the new 6s is exact the same like the old 6, you already can buy cases for the 6s. 99% of the cases will fit exactly as the 'new' ones.

If the new 6s is different in measurement specs, that will only be a few 10ths of millimeters though.

Well, that's correct as far as thickness, as I've also read. However, think back to the iPhone 4 and 4S series. I was about to jump the gun and buy a case for the 4 to fit my upcomming 4S purchase, but refrained from doing so. Glad I did, because Apple moved the ring silence switch slightly (probably no more than a millimeter or so). Cases made after the 4S release had a longer slot cutout that was backwards compatible with both models, but the 4 cases would not accomodate the 4S. Apple could do the same with the 6S series.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen, the new iPhone 6S might be .2mm thicker than the iPhone 6. If that's the only difference, all current cases should fit the phone just fine.

From what I remember about the 4/4S, didn't the mute switch position leak prior to launch?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
From what I've seen, the new iPhone 6S might be .2mm thicker than the iPhone 6. If that's the only difference, all current cases should fit the phone just fine.

From what I remember about the 4/4S, didn't the mute switch position leak prior to launch?

That may have been the reason I waited; but can't remember for sure.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That may have been the reason I waited; but can't remember for sure.

It's hard to believe but the iPhone 4/4S was about 3-4 years ago. :straight-face:

I forgot all about the repositioned mute switch until I read this thread. I actually went to the Apple Store for a case and they sold me one for the 4 - which didn't fit with the new mute switch. That was realllllllly irritating haha (because the Apple Store wasn't close).

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to believe but the iPhone 4/4S was about 3-4 years ago. :straight-face:

I forgot all about the repositioned mute switch until I read this thread. I actually went to the Apple Store for a case and they sold me one for the 4 - which didn't fit with the new mute switch. That was realllllllly irritating haha (because the Apple Store wasn't close).

Yeah, the 4S was released about the time of Steve's death. The 4S was my first smartphone (although I had several iPods) and still is used around the house as a remote, music server, etc. It still holds a special meaning among all my devices.

A lot of changes in such a short time. Gee, I'm getting verklempt.:concern:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you look on Amazon there are a few "iPhone 6S" cases. The few I've seen have all said they're compatible with the iPhone 6. So hopefully that's true!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro