Apple leather case vs silicone, which should I get?

I

iMore Question

Apple leather case vs silicone

Hey. new here!

I don't know which to choose.the leather case or silicone?
I tried many cases from Ebay. slim tpu, Transparent/ clear, etc. Did not really like them.

Then I saw in the store the apple case, looks very luxury and thin? (BUT can't check it cause it's in a sealed box and can't open) .

What Do you prefer? I don't want to be disappointed . it's expensive case here.

Thanks in advance for helpers.

JOey811

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple leather case vs silicone

hi thanks but it's for 5s,
please someone let me Which one do you prefer Leather or Silicone for iPhone 6?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I have them both, not for the 5s, but for the 6 and 6 plus.

I prefer the leather case because it slides in and out of my pocket easier. The silicone is not bad and doesn't really stick to my pocket liner, but it is not as easy to pull out.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have not had lint or dust issues with the green ones I have. Can't give you advise on the thinness since you are looking at the 5s version and mine are for the 6 and 6 plus. However those are thin, almost like nothing on the phones :)

Oh and welcome to iMore!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Black Apple Leather Case for my 6Plus and I LUV it....It adds CLASS and looks GREAT. :yes::)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435874652.577459.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435874675.894863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435874698.564956.jpg

JOey811

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So I want to the store, I debated between black and navy blue, then I tought to buy the white silicone.

The manager store showed me the leather black case on her phone ) very excited about the leather, and the "feel" of it,
she said that some people dont like the silicone casuse it's feels like it's have a hand cream on the case...(?)
and collect fibers.

I purchased the leather cover.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So I want to the store, I debated between black and navy blue, then I tought to buy the white silicone.

The manager store showed me the leather black case on her phone ) very excited about the leather, and the "feel" of it,
she said that some people dont like the silicone casuse it's feels like it's have a hand cream on the case...(?)
and collect fibers.

I purchased the leather cover.

Good Choice 🏽🏾. Which color?

anon(8410015)

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have black leather and red silicone, I don't use either though as I use a ZooGue Social Pro in black. The silicone attracts to much dust and I don't like the bottom being exposed on them both.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

I have the brown leather case on my 6.

Love it. Love the way it feels, the snug fit, the coverage and the embossed Apple logo.

I trail a good few cases, often spending ?100+ every time I get a new phone before finding the right one. Now that I have this, I think I'm going to stick with the official cases in future.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Hey. new here!

I don't know which to choose.the leather case or silicone?
I tried many cases from Ebay. slim tpu, Transparent/ clear, etc. Did not really like them.

Then I saw in the store the apple case, looks very luxury and thin? (BUT can't check it cause it's in a sealed box and can't open) .

What Do you prefer? I don't want to be disappointed . it's expensive case here.

Thanks in advance for helpers.

I prefer the leather cases imo. I like the look after a while imo except for the parts where its turning black because of my pants lol. I am using the Red one

king_o_hill

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I like the leather case better too. I've used both too. I found a real cheap "leather" case on eBay for my 6+ that works and looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I damn well can!

ZMan82

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone have both this year's iPhone 6s silicone case and last year's version?

I've read that this year's quality is better than last year's and it doesn't collect lint as much. I've also read that the finish is similar to the Apple Watch sport band.

Can anyone confirm?

I already have a saddle brown leather case but would get the silicone too if it's similar to the AW band.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I would go for a leather case, cause silicon cases attract dust, and I don't like the feeling of silicon case. In my opinion, leather case makes people look cooler.

I agree, and it's all about the KOOL factor.....SMILE

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have the brown leather case on my 6.

Love it. Love the way it feels, the snug fit, the coverage and the embossed Apple logo.

I trail a good few cases, often spending ?100+ every time I get a new phone before finding the right one. Now that I have this, I think I'm going to stick with the official cases in future.

Same here, I use to purchase anywhere from 5 to 8 cases per device in the past, but with my iPhone 6 plus I purchased the Black apple Leather case the same day I purchased my 6 Plus and it was perfect. I haven't wanted/needed another case, It's the PERFECT combination with my Space Gray 6 Plus...IMHO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711