Life proof case or otterbox defender?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used numerous OtterBoxes and have been more than pleased. LifeProof cases are not that attractive to me. That is just my opinion, however.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i prefer lifeproof now. Had otterbox defender. The cutout around the camera and ear piece only part exposed droped my phone once put it back in my pocket, i keep nothing else in my pocket there was a pretty decent surface scratch. So i went back to lifeproof.

WPowell

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I've had two lifeproof cases. The first for an iphone 5. After a year, there was a small problem with the case where the charging cord connects. I contacted Lifeproof and they replaced the case for free. However, they mistakenly sent me the nuud case instead of the fre' case. I told them the situation - they told me to keep the wrong case and donate it to someone and they would overnight the correct case. I have another fre' case for Iphone 6 and love it. My husband has an otterbox for his iphone 6 and wishes it weren't so bulkly. I really think you can't go wrong with either. I think it's definitely Personal preference!

AmazingGraceTx

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Lifeproof Fre case today and I preferred to my Otter Box already. It's slimmer and just seems to fit my hands better. I was on the beach with it today and not a drop of water and sand got in. It's the teal and Aqua color and I really like it.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
i like the idea of a lifeproof just not fond of the price and the sound quality of the lifeproof also turn me away

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Funny on how they are the same company now. So They wouldn't say there operate different warranties? Should be the same

Last edited:

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a nuud on my 5S and loved the idea of it but hated the sound quality and the extra effort it took to use the aux cord in my car and i assume it would be the same for the 6

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally like the LifeProof FRE better than the Otterbox, but they don't make the FRE for the iPhone 6Plus...according to their website.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Lifeproof looks nice IMO. The defender looks nice too, but the screen protector is pretty bad and dust and bubbles get under it. It's a hassle to clean. Plus you have a lot more choices with Lifeproof.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711