Anker lightning cables good?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an Anker micro USB cable and it's decent but it's nowhere as good as other ones I have . I want another 2 meter cable or close to it but don't feel like paying $30 for another one from Apple. The apple one is already in bad shape where the plastic or rubber or whatever it is is breaking and showing the inside cable after 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Amazon Lightning since November that's works well and a ifrogz that's been tossed around my car for two years and still in excellent condition.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're generally safe buying any 3rd party cables that are from manufacturers that are Apple Certified and use "Made for i" on the promotional material/packaging.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Amazon Lightning since November that's works well and a ifrogz that's been tossed around my car for two years and still in excellent condition.

Amazon ones I've read they have caught on fire and destroying the device as well

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Amazon ones I've read they have caught on fire and destroying the device as well

Never read anything on that. I just did a search on the topic couldn't find anything.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Amazon.com reviews

I found the reports on Amazon. I'm not sure what could cause this issue for some and not for others. But in researching the topic there are reports of Apple cables burning also. I've never had any cable burn Apple or third party lightning or 30 pin.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Even Apple's cables can/will fry when used with cheap, aftermarket, low quality non "Made for i" chargers.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Even Apple's cables can/will fry when used with cheap, aftermarket, low quality non "Made for i" chargers.

I've been using either the iPad charger , iPhone one, an old Samsung one which outputs at 2 amps and an old LG one from the nexus 5

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I stay away from cheap chargers. I've been using Belkin and ifrogz from Zagg.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I stay away from cheap chargers. I've been using Belkin and ifrogz from Zagg.

I wouldn't call chargers supplied by other companies "cheap" ...never had an issue with broken cables with the exception of Apple made ones. I've had this issue even with the 30 pin ones with the iPhone 4 that I had

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got one busted Apple 30 pin out the 6 I've had. I lose them on the road before they break. All my lightning cables from Apple are good to go.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've got one busted Apple 30 pin out the 6 I've had. I lose them on the road before they break. All my lightning cables from Apple are good to go.

Well I went there and they said they don't typically allow exchanges but allowed it this one time ... Sigh one thing I do dislike about Apple is the expensive wires but I guess I'll buy 3rd party from now on

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
3rd party cables are cool from reputable manufacturers. Belkin, Zagg and a bunch of others as long as it's not paired with a cheap charger like something from a gas station or the check out at Home Depot.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm very pleased w the fit of the Anker lighting cable. It snaps in just like the OE cable does. I say that because I know the cheapies never seem fit quite right.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen