Lifeproof FRE redesign

mvo

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking at cases for my IPhone 6 and I noticed a sticker on the LifeProof FRE that said "Works with more cables and chargers" and guess what???? It does! It appears that LifeProof has redesigned the FRE to accept other charging cables other than the stock APPLE unit.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I emailed Lifeproof on a whim and their customer service team said the case hasn't been redesigned because, and I quote, "there's no way we can accommodate all 3rd party cables."

Well I don't think they need to accommodate ALL 3rd party cables but SOME would be nice!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey I was wondering if anyone can answer question didn't think was worth starting new thread. I'm super paranoid about lint under my screen I cannot for life of me get this clean ! I also noticed when cleaning screen on my phone the case left like weird square tape mark on my phone like right around home button area. I got paranoid and put protector on my phone like sticky one. Only thing now home button cover isn't sitting flush. After using it for while will it flatten out more ? If not I don't use Touch ID so would this damage it if the cover isn't sitting flush? It's like 95% flat though

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey I was wondering if anyone can answer question didn't think was worth starting new thread. I'm super paranoid about lint under my screen I cannot for life of me get this clean ! I also noticed when cleaning screen on my phone the case left like weird square tape mark on my phone like right around home button area. I got paranoid and put protector on my phone like sticky one. Only thing now home button cover isn't sitting flush. After using it for while will it flatten out more ? If not I don't use Touch ID so would this damage it if the cover isn't sitting flush? It's like 95% flat though

I'm having a tough time understanding your post. I wouldn't worry about lint scratching your screen (unless by "lint" you mean sand). I have a lifeproof case and never had an issue with any kind of tape marks or sticky residue being left behind. The home button won't sit flush if you have a screen protector on your phone. Lifeproof explicitly says in the instructions not to use a screen protector because it can compromise the integrity of the waterproof seal. Ditch the additional screen protector, enjoy your phone and stop worrying! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73