Spigen Case

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am very unhappy with Spigen service. Ordered a 6+ case on 9/15 and after not receiving it by end of September I tried to cancel by calling them. Theit phone line mailbox was filled evening and could not leave a message. There was no option to talk to someone. Finally I emailed customer service only to get a non-specific response which seems like to so used to send to all. Finally on 10/3 I filed dispute with my credit card company and they refund the charge. Now on 10/15 I receive an email that my case was shipped?? The tracking information on 10/19 still does not show that the case was tendered to FEDEX. I emailed them again today, to not bother shipping it. Any bets on whether I get a free case, even thought I no longer need it. Picke up a case at Best Buy several weeks ago.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You'll prob get a free case. Spigen is a small operation that got popular too fast. Their customer service has always been pretty bad. My husband bought a glass shield for his phone earlier this year from their eBay store and it took months to get his refund when he reported issues with the shield.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That's why I buy through Amazon. They have excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Yea. I actually bought a spigen case for my 6 and found it to be too slippery so will probably return it to Amazon. I've noticed that spigen has started selling through Amazon a lot more in the last year.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yea. I actually bought a spigen case for my 6 and found it to be too slippery so will probably return it to Amazon. I've noticed that spigen has started selling through Amazon a lot more in the last year.

I like the spigen slim armor for the Galaxy s5 but not so much on the 5s or 6.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the spigen air case on my 6 and I like that my device feels naked but it does leave me wanting more protection but I'm not happy with my otterbox cases at all so now I'm looking at other spigen cases

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried the slim armor for my 6 and also did not like it too much. Returned it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the spigen air case on my 6 and I like that my device feels naked but it does leave me wanting more protection but I'm not happy with my otterbox cases at all so now I'm looking at other spigen cases

I too just received this same case on Friday and it started cracking at the bottom from it flexing when being put on. I agree I like the feel of the phone but the case is too slippery and Ive had 2 close calls in almost dropping it. Im going back to the clear hybrid spigen case.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 6+

yungskeeme

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Neo hybrid case for my 6. I have never dropped my phone and I am very careful with it. Somehow my bezel is cracked. Looking for a new case now

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the Neo Hybrid for my iPhone 6 and absolutely love it! Admittedly I've had to place some folded masking tape on the underside of the buttons to make them more responsive but for look and feel it's fantastic. I've got so many compliments from people including Apple Store reps on how nice it is. Normally I'd get a bunch of cases and alternate or be on the look out for my next one but for once I'm really happy and doubt I will finder a nicer looking case. I have the gunmetal which looks great with the space grey iPhone. I think some of the other colours might not look as stylish though.

JohnnyENZ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
There are a heap of fake Spigen cases sold as legit and these are why some people say spigen cases are terrible. Their customer service is probably the worse you'll ever get but I love their cases.

Order off their official eBay Store or Amazon and you'll have less hassle. I live in NZ and got a 6 plus Neo Hybrid in 1.5 weeks after ordering.

Just remember their communication sucks.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Spigen Neo Hybird for a 6 Plus that I love the look of but the frame is just a little to rounded and makes it a little difficult for one handed use. The weight of it is perfect. I went back to my Diztronic case which is slightly heavier but easier one handed. I'll still use the Spigen but not as much. I always get Spigen cases from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
As JohnnyENZ mentioned there are millions of fakes floating around being sold as genuine. This is most certainly the reason for lots of people's quality issues or delays in shipping. Mostly due to the fact they're fake and being shipping from China or Hong Kong. I ordered from their official ebay store an it arrived two days later on the iphone 6 launch day.

I love their certificate of authenticity feature that allows you to enter your number online to verify it's authenticity. When buying on eBay this is a must!

Before I bought from a genuine ebay reseller which was an authentic case I did place an order with another ebayer. They advertised genuine spigen Neo hybrid cases before launch and were half the price of the Spigen website. I thought well if it claims to be genuine and from a local seller it's worth a go as I can verify it via the certificate in the box and return if it's not genuine. Then I started having doubts because the seller had only had his account a few weeks and his history showed 4-5 name changes which clearly are covering something up. I contacted him a few times mostly about delivery times and he kept claiming a couple of weeks where as other users who bought via spigens store or website had theirs already and before launch date. I then said to the seller can you confirm it comes in the genuine box with the certificate of authenticity? He then got really cagey and started saying that they were real and he would never sell or endorse fakes however the item didn't come in retail packaging and if I was concerned about the validity of the case I should buy from spigen direct and then he offered a refund for me! Haha so from getting offended about me questioning it's authenticity he just refunded my money and to,d me to buy from spigen which clearly shows it was indeed fake!

When researching I saw hundreds of people complaining about the quality of their spigen cases but nearly all of them mentioned it case with a screen protector and yellow micro fibre cloth of which Spigen do not include in their products. I spoke with them and they said they never supply screen protectors and if you get one it's most certainly fake!

I really wish eBay would clamp down on counterfeit products. It's a nightmare looking for items on there only to realise in the small print they're shipping from China or Hong Kong and without retail packaging is another code for this is fake!

jjcas15

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal in red. Love it. It's thin, good protection and looks amazing. No issues with it at all. Ordered on Amazon and arrived in 3 days. I made sure to check the authentication number on their website to make sure it is legit.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal in red. Love it. It's thin, good protection and looks amazing. No issues with it at all. Ordered on Amazon and arrived in 3 days. I made sure to check the authentication number on their website to make sure it is legit.

Yeah I love my Neo Hybrid Gunmetal too. Best case I've had on any iPhone. Some mates didn't even realise it was a case!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I also purchased my Spigen cases from Amazon. No problems. I have a Spigen Gold Tough Armor, Gold Neo Hybrid and Crystal Clear Ultra Hybrid for my Gold 5s. IMHO they make GOOD case for a reasonable price.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I also purchased my Spigen cases from Amazon. No problems. I have a Spigen Gold Tough Armor, Gold Neo Hybrid and Crystal Clear Ultra Hybrid for my Gold 5s. IMHO they make GOOD case for a reasonable price.

Yeah safe to say IMO Spigen are the best iPhone case manufacturers. Not only are they well priced and well made but their designs are by far the best. I'm not a fan of the massive bulky cases not the girly colour combos and bold statements. Spigen cases are also designed colour wise to compliment the iPhone colours which is also nice. I love my Neo Hybrid as personally I'm not a fan of the exposed Apple logo and the NH is quite a stylish case. I had to go into the Apple Store in late September to exchange my faulty 6 and the Apple Store guy couldn't stop raving about my case and how nice it was! Saying that he was also impressed with my 50p matte screen protector and kept apologising that he was unable to retain it to put on my new iPhone unit haha. I was like mate it's only one of the 3 for ?1.50 matte jobbys from Amazon and he thought it was one of the expensive ones from the big brands!

Actually I do think a screen protector makes or breaks the looks of the iPhone. No matter what case you have there's nothing worse than seeing a screen protector that is covered in bubbles or smudges or worse my mate has just installed a tempered glass protector on his 5S and it looks like a block of ice sitting on top of the iphone!

You can't beat a basic matte protector for looks! Might not protect the screen like tempered glass but if you can get over that then it's well worth it just for the lack of fingerprints with the matte finish! It's taken me about 8 years to perfect the installation of screen protectors but now I've mastered it and they're 100% perfect everytime.

Without boring you all further the tip is to lay the protector over the top of the iPhone first and line it up perfectly then take some tape and tape the top and bottom of one side to the back of the iPhone to keep the protector in place perfectly. Then lift the side that isn't taped in a hinge like motion and using a screen-wipe wipe the screen to remove any marks or dust then carefully peel the underside of the protector away and lay it down flat on the iPhone without touching any of the sticky underside of the protector. Push any air bubbles to the sides and once happy just peel off the top layer which also removed the two pieces of tape from earlier and that's it! Perfect! Using the tape to secure it means it's always perfectly aligned and also reduces the amount of contact with your fingers once the underside is peeled away. Also lifting the protector from the side that isn't stuck like a hinge to peel the underside later off also reduces the distance the protector is from the iPhone meaning less opportunity for the protector to collect dust particles in the air as you would normally lower it onto the iPhone. I've tried all the other methods like installing it in a bathroom after the shower has run to create humidity and rid the dust particles and the so called applicators but nothing compares to the hinge and tape method!

Let me know if anyone tries this and how you get on!?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711